Pinebook Pro - Store Parts
 When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,
        and  it is about 2/3 of the way through December now)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,
        and  it is about 2/3 of the way through December now)

On late January, after Pinebook Pro ANSI batch deliver.
Do you estimate that it may be possible to purchase one before the Chinese New Year ?
THANK YOU
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-22-2019, 07:12 PM)bcnaz Wrote: *
Do you estimate that it may be possible to purchase one before the Chinese New Year  ?
   THANK YOU

Not sure, normally most business activity in China starts shutting down two weeks before Chinese New Year.
* Approximately January 10 or 11 (Friday-Saturday)  ?
Since Chinese New year is from January 25 until Febuary 8...

*   Thank You,  BC
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I receive my pro soon. I am curious if the ansi keyboards will be just the keyboard or the whole bottom casing?

Thanks
(12-30-2019, 08:45 AM)I_am_Joe Wrote: I receive my pro soon. I am curious if the ansi keyboards will be just the keyboard or the whole bottom casing?

Thanks

The ANSI models are complete laptops, identical to the ISO variant, but with a different keyboard layout.
(12-30-2019, 08:58 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 08:45 AM)I_am_Joe Wrote: I receive my pro soon. I am curious if the ansi keyboards will be just the keyboard or the whole bottom casing?

Thanks

The ANSI models are complete laptops, identical to the ISO variant, but with a different keyboard layout.

Yes, Sorry, I might not have been clear.

I am assuming I can replace my keyboard if I want when the ansi ones are available. I do not see a keyboard in the store. I do see the option to buy the bottom casing for a pinebook 14"

https://store.pine64.org/?product=pinebo...d-build-in

I am getting the pinebook pro as a gift so I was not given the choice of waiting for the ANSI one. I will either adapt to an ISO one but don't expect to but a whole new laptop just to get a keyboards. I figured that If a new keyboard is available I would buy it when I get an ssd module.
(12-30-2019, 11:38 AM)I_am_Joe Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 08:58 AM)tophneal Wrote:

Thanks

Yes, Sorry, I might not have been clear.

I am assuming I can replace my keyboard if I want when the ansi ones are available. I do not see a keyboard in the store. I do see the option to buy the bottom casing for a pinebook 14"

https://store.pine64.org/?product=pinebo...d-build-in

I am getting the pinebook pro as a gift so I was not given the choice of waiting for the ANSI one. I will either adapt to an ISO one but don't expect to but a whole new laptop just to get a keyboards. I figured that If a new keyboard is available I would buy it when I get an ssd module.

Ah, yes, I misunderstood you question.

We've haven't gotten details on that yet. Likely, for the keyboard conversion kits, it'll be keyboard and the palm rest (+ any necessary internal guts.) We'll know for sure towards March 2020, though. I believe that's around the time Luke said we can expect them to be available.

Thanks

I believe they stated sometime in the past, that the whole palmrest is different for the ANSI and ISO keyboards.
  Perhaps different suppliers ?

I believe the Magnesium alloy bottom is the same, but the plastic palmrest requires a different size or shape
     to fit around the different keyboards.

(But, as it is still in a fairly early state yet,
    they 'may'  eventually make it a simplier process of changing the 2 different keyboards. ? )

SO,  Currently Yes,  It will require changing the complete 'Palmrest'

They appear to be Very busy trying to get a lot of different and new products shipped before the Chinese New Year,    because of this, the option to purchase a different keyboard may be delayed to after their New Year...
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,905 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 300 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,223 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,123 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt