PBP Displayed Clock-Calendar Drops Hour Setting On Reboot.
PBP Displayed Clock-Calendar Drops Hour Setting On Reboot or shutdown.  Clock appears to hold minutes correctly, but not hour of the day.  Almost acts like the PBP fails to hold Time Zone setting across reboots, one must reset the time each time one reboots.  Does PBP have a battery held time chip?  My PBP was just delivered to me early this month, December; and was delivered with the Debian OS.
I think you might be seeing the same disconnect between the RTC and the kernel, as outlined here. After rebooting and establishing network connection, does your clock set the tie correctly?
(12-18-2019, 10:50 AM)jcj52436999 Wrote: Does PBP have a battery held time chip?  My PBP was just delivered to me early this month, December; and was delivered with the Debian OS.

The PBP contains an RTC in the RK808 chip, and is shown in the schematics:

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...ifications

Just to confirm, this problem occurs with default Debian OS shipped with the PBP? I am still using the default Debian OS and the behavior you describe is abnormal.

(12-18-2019, 11:03 AM)tophneal Wrote: I think you might be seeing the same disconnect between the RTC and the kernel, as outlined here. After rebooting and establishing network connection, does your clock set the tie correctly?

OP may still be using the default Debian OS, and if so the behavior described is abnormal.
(12-18-2019, 12:35 PM)hmuller Wrote: OP may still be using the default Debian OS, and if so the behavior described is abnormal.

That's a good point! OP, do you mind sharing with us what OS you're using? Not all PBP image options are equal.
Sorry, forgot to add that I am using the UPdated default delivered PBP Debian OS and setup, I have run the MrFixit and Debian updates. And each time I start the PBP, it connects rapidly to my internet wifi, but the time hours setting is never correct and will Not hold my corrections settings through a reboot.
(12-18-2019, 10:50 AM)jcj52436999 Wrote: PBP Displayed Clock-Calendar Drops Hour Setting On Reboot or shutdown.  Clock appears to hold minutes correctly, but not hour of the day.  Almost acts like the PBP fails to hold Time Zone setting across reboots, one must reset the time each time one reboots.
Ok, you are using the factory installed Debian desktop. Could you possibly be behind a firewall that is blocking NTP requests?
(12-18-2019, 01:09 PM)hmuller Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 10:50 AM)jcj52436999 Wrote: PBP Displayed Clock-Calendar Drops Hour Setting On Reboot or shutdown.  Clock appears to hold minutes correctly, but not hour of the day.  Almost acts like the PBP fails to hold Time Zone setting across reboots, one must reset the time each time one reboots.
Ok, you are using the factory installed Debian desktop. Could you possibly be behind a firewall that is blocking NTP requests?

Time is correctly maintained on my Ubu and Mac and Windows laptops, so my Xfinity appears to be connecting OK to web and time
Do the contents of /etc/adjtime on your system look the same as this?:

Code:
0.0 0 0.0
UTC
Reading hardware clock from RK808 should work on the Debian images with BSP kernel, on the Manjaro image with mainline, hwclock currently can't read the time from the RK808, there is a bug somewhere...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(12-18-2019, 04:15 PM)hmuller Wrote: Do the contents of /etc/adjtime on your system look the same as this?:

Code:
0.0 0 0.0
UTC
I have the same problem. I can set the timezone and hour, but everytime my PBP restarts, the hours are off but the minutes are still correct.  It also knows the correct timezone.

cat /etc/adjtime
0.000000 1578589588 0.000000
UTC

OS Default Debian

Firewall None.  I've tried behind multiple routers, and my other devices sync appropriately.

I've also run MrFixIt's update script.

Thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nvme drive disappears after about an hour of uptime codebreaker 25 31,451 02-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsimic
  Reboot, and halt and boot, are not the same regivanx 0 1,913 09-14-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: regivanx
  Memory clock speed: 800MHz vs 1600MHz? (NM, RK3399 won't run >800MHz DDR) Syonyk 4 7,043 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Syonyk