Anyone tried Anbox-4-arm64 yet?
So Pak0St and I both got Anbox working earlier. One of the Librem guys shared his aarch64 Android image (for me) I put it into /var/lib/anbox/ and it just worked. The app drawer/manager came up, several apps have worked fairly well so far.

EDIT: I don't recommend using the German site I linked earlier to add GLES 2.0 support. After adding that the build.prop, and dropping the image into /var/lib/anbox the app drawer became a black box, or would immediately crash when trying to open an app. I just removed it and replaced the image, but it still isn't working properly anymore. I'm going to dial it back, and try adding just wifi and bluetooth to the available features to start. Maybe we can get networking going.

EDIT2: I don't think I would recommend altering the image at all at this point. I've been removing things from the enabled features section out of anbox.xml and rebuilding the image, but it's still very unuseable. Nearly ever app crashes it. I've since restored the original (working) android.img and things are still slow, but useable. I also tried following the Networking section of the Arch wiki for Anbox (since that's where all of this REALLY came from) but the files/locations don't align with the install. Instead, I ran ' anbox-bridge' to try and get system network shared to Anbox. The output was riddled with Permission denied's looking for things like sudo and openvpn-client, so I ran it again with sudo and it completed it's task.
I've updated my Manjaro packages from my previous comment:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hl8mWh...My9owzQ-E0
Notes:
  1. Extract the archives -> the compiled packages are in there along with all the mess I've done to get it to run
  2. Ignore anbox-image_experiment.tar.gz -> that's the standard one dug up from Anbox'es github page and doesn't work
  3. anbox-image-working.tar.gz is using the Android image kindly provided by Sebastian Krzyszkowiak from his proof of concept on the Librem 5 Smile Usually it's unwise to use images randomly posted on the internet and you can create your own if you have 100GB+ of free storage to build one
  4. I don't know if it's necessary but I've created a version of the pinebookpro kernel with the same flags as from this merge request accompanying the photo of the Proof of Concept on the Librem 5. Link here: https://social.librem.one/@dos/103564403894744164  (I have no idea why the link doesn't show up properly Confused )

Additional notes:
  • run anbox-bridge before you start the container to get networking (running as root might be required)
  • In my Plasma session, Anbox was... lets say heavy and did cause my system to hang at least once
  • In XWayland mode on my Wayfire setup, Anbox doesn't show the cursor but didn't exhibit the instability I observed in Plasma (it works but you have to go blind and click the touchpad)
Yet more notes:
  • I had no success with Vivaldi and Brave browsers
  • I need to dig and find a game which doesn't require Google Play Services to test (or just use of my game projects as guinea pig during the weekend)
  • Telegram works okey. It doesn't crash at first sight of a sticker and may be even usable (though we should try to bring telegram's developers attention to the crash on the aarch64 desktop one Wink )
Well, we have something to begin working on Smile

.jpg   EPj1DA2X0AI-tAx.jpg (Size: 116.61 KB / Downloads: 3,336)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1609]

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
awesome, i'll try this now!

for a good place to look for games without gsp dependency use f-droid, otherwise a lot of them work anyway but can be hit or miss, sometimes installing microg packages from f-droid can make those work as well (as for downloading them, aurora store acts as a play store replacement, also on f-droid)

everything i mentioned here also have privileged extensions as well, i'm someone who is experienced in avoiding google on android specifically so with this i can help a lot!

on f-droid, supertuxkart is basically the heaviest game there, and as for good and not so heavy games, shattered pixel dungeon is good (though these are both also linux games so not much point in running them in anbox outside of testing)
yep. it works. very, very slowly. i would not recommend even shattered pixel dungeon lol great work tho

wait, i greatly recommend running session manager with --gles-driver=translator

it massively improves performance, while breaking games if i try them, but on normal apps it's night and day

WAIT #2

i cant change it back

it seems to be stuck whether or not i run it with the argument

yeah, i cnt put it back

it ran slow, but everything worked even games, and then it decided to run fast and not run games or videos! :O

sidenote don't update your qt5-es2 packages unless you want them to break (if you did already and things are broken, downgrade them obviously)
Avoid today's update to boost and boost-libs (1.71.0-4 ) it breaks Anbox. At least in Wayland.
(01-31-2020, 06:46 PM)tophneal Wrote: Avoid today's update to boost and boost-libs (1.71.0-4 ) it breaks Anbox. At least in Wayland.

somehow i upgraded and lost my cached copy, mind sending?
(02-02-2020, 06:07 AM)aaspectre Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:46 PM)tophneal Wrote: Avoid today's update to boost and boost-libs (1.71.0-4 ) it breaks Anbox. At least in Wayland.

somehow i upgraded and lost my cached copy, mind sending?

I’m having a heck of a time getting it packaged to share. Bacman isn’t available, I found a script to do it- but it uses yoart and pacman isn’t installing it, and I only see the version to avoid in /var/lib/pacman/. I’ll keep trying, but if anyone knows another way, let me know. It’s bothering me at this point.
Alright, I'm uploading a new version of anbox-git. All it needed was a good old clearing of the build directories and the issue with the updated boost lib goes away.

Updated: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hl8mWh...My9owzQ-E0

Wow, @PakoSt this is the most responsive and stable I've seen Anbox on here. Whatever you did, good job!
I didn't do anything really. Just made sure that I've kept my builds system clean and up-to date.
My previous try was just forcing the package build 
Code:
makepkg -f
but this definitely had some garbo still being used.

I should ping on the Anbox github issue, maybe the arch user was in similar position while the packages were updated these few days (and Manjaro ARM, ALARM and Arch have very close relationship with the package versions - at least closer than Manjaro and Arch desktops).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compile of Anbox fails because kernel function kallsyms_lookup_name() is unexported Tsvi Bar-David 6 7,653 06-30-2020, 06:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal