Does our community support this project idea
yes
90.00%
no
10.00%
10 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

POLL ~ Accessories - Open Source Tracker
Since 3000 PinePhones are in production I'm pitching my idea of an open-source tracker device that you could attach to your valuables if they are lost ... eg keys, luggage etc.
Sure, sounds fun. Would it make use of the i2c pins by any chance?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(12-15-2019, 11:56 AM)Luke Wrote: Sure, sounds fun. Would it make use of the i2c pins by any chance?

Practically, a small microcontroller can handle the communication over I2C then do the rest of the specific purpose.
The only limitation is the I2C bus itself - if there is no high traffic needed, then it is suitable.

So for some tracking, traffic demand may not be very high this way, so I2C could be used as a communication interface.
I'm curious what sort of system you have in mind. If it's needing the I2C pins I guess you're thinking of some sort of radio module on the tag, and one on the phone that you can use to home in on the tag, a bit like an avalanche transponder.
Could you define this tracker a little more ?
Will it be to find your keys somewhere inside your house ? OR Globally as a gps style ?
a beep or tone that gets stronger as you get closer to the 'lost' item ?

I had a 5 device 'Finder' you push one of the five buttons on the main transmitter and it would cause the small device to beep, such as attached to your keyring.
****Problem was/is I misplaced the whole package... before getting to even test it.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Phone cases and accessories bcnaz 22 29,777 08-14-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: cool
  UK source of PinePhone batterys? --- 2 4,368 05-18-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: ---