Best Pinebook Pro power supply choice for Argentina
Hi.

I'm about to order a Pinebook Pro but still not sure about the power supply option, which is EU or US formats. My country is Argentina. We use 220v. As for the plug, I guess I'll need an adapter anyway: it's the type used in Australia.

Does it make any difference to choose one or the other?

Thank you very much.
M.

Pd.  I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this is not the best place to post it, or if there's already a thread for this topic. I couldn't find useful information after a search.
(12-07-2019, 11:39 AM)LaCaradeculito Wrote: Hi.

I'm about to order a Pinebook Pro but still not sure about the power supply option, which is EU or US formats. My country is Argentina. We use 220v. As for the plug, I guess I'll need an adapter anyway: it's the type used in Australia.

Thank you very much.
M.

Pd.  I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this is not the best place to post it, or if there's already a thread for this topic. I couldn't find useful information after a search.

There is no electrical difference between the two power supplies it copes with any mains voltage - the only difference is mechanical with the plug adapter plate.
US is two flat prongs, Euro is two thin round pins. The adapter plate simply clips onto the body of the power module.

In the Pine store there is an "international" version which comes with a selection of country adapter plates but it is not the version provided free with the Pinebook.

Check the Pine store - if the international version includes a correct plug for your mains sockets you can ask the Pine store if they will supply you with just a single country adapter plate you need so you can use that instead of the one supplied. (a dollar or so? plus postage)
(12-07-2019, 11:39 AM)LaCaradeculito Wrote: Hi.

Thank you very much.
M.

Hello, I'm from Argentina too! I bought the Pinebook pro with the adapter for Europe, and it goes perfect in the plugs here. It's the one with two round legs.
Saludos !!!
I have found that a proper PD USBC supply and charge via USBC port, using a decent cable (not a cheap, lightweight cable from Aliexpress) is a better option for charging.  You can also get USBC hubs with HDMI that also allows charging at the same time.

Note it has to be a USB C PD - "Power Draw" supply, not a normal supply, not even a Raspberry Pi 4 USBC charger.
Hi, thank you all very much for the answers. It's clear now.

(PabloR, your choice was the Argentinian vintage style Big Grin )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 239 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 219 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 201 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 141 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 524 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 579 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 2 1,756 01-11-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: winecork
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,134 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,943 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 58,784 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt