I think config file is ls -l /lib/firmware/brcm/*43456*pinebook*txt
The rpi has this added config, it may help or may not
claimed to help for orangepi, in its config
--------
btc_mode=1
btc_params8=0x4e20
btc_params1=0x7530
------------
sorry, i missed these posts - i've been away with IRL responsibilities. see pbp-tools and my debian-installer fork for solutions to all of these issues... kernel, audio, function keys, wireless, bluetooth, sway, and more are all configured by default on debian bullseye.
How's the project?  Are you planning to update the kernel, etc?

How far I can understand, Official Debian doesn't work on PBP and we continue use your splendid build.
PBP ISO / Debian Bullseye (unofficial installer)
Recently I picked up a thunderbolt dock, with high hopes that it would work on the PBP as well as my other laptops. So far I have everything but video. I might toss the default Manjaro image on an SD and see if that fares better. Anyone run into a similar issue / solution on debian?

Also wanted to note that I do experience some screen (glitches?, tearing?, artifacting?) always in my upper right corner. I'm guessing a cinnamon issue. Running the mouse over that corner always fixes it for a while.
(08-21-2020, 11:30 PM)wasgurd Wrote: How's the project?  Are you planning to update the kernel, etc?

How far I can understand, Official Debian doesn't work on PBP and we continue use your splendid build.

I've currently got a v5.8 kernel in testing but it needs a few more small tweaks.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(09-02-2020, 02:59 AM)danielt Wrote: I've currently got a v5.8 kernel in testing but it needs a few more small tweaks.

One thing I've been missing is the requisite kernel drivers (not to mention user space packages...) to enable hardware accelerated video decoding. Is the kernel side of that included in your 5.8 update?

Would it be useful for folks to try out your 5.8 kernel and provide feedback?
I'm trying to install to the eMMC, I can't get it to happen with the --no-reread flag.  Any thoughts?  I'd prefer to use this script to get arm64 support rather than the armhf in the image file.

Thanks

Update:  Edited the script to add --force to the partitioning, it seems to have partitioned the memory card, not the eMMC.
I would like to report two issues i had:
1. Last night my pinebook (fresh debian install with kernel 5.5) crashed (froze, probably ran out of memory+swap) after forcefully restarting, i was dropped into the (intitramfs) shell. The only information i could find there, was that my root drive (nvme, linked from extlinux.conf) was not found. Booting from an SD card however shows the drive. I could decrypt it and save my data. Now i am reinstalling.. Did anyone experience this? It does not really bother me, but I worry if it will happen again in the far future, ruining my day..

2. Reinstalling, I decided I want btrfs-snapshot capabillity, to be able to recover from a broken rootFS. However changing the install script to
Code:
sudo mkfs.btrfs -L ...
instead of
Code:
sudo mkfs.ext4 -FL ...
Does not boot.

creating a normal ext4 root partition and copying the content
Code:
sudo cp -ar /mnt/mmcblk2p6 /mnt/btrfs_nvme
also does not boot.

So is btrfs not supported by initramfs?

Any inside would be great.
Thank you!
(09-02-2020, 08:33 AM)fastcat Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 02:59 AM)danielt Wrote: I've currently got a v5.8 kernel in testing but it needs a few more small tweaks.

One thing I've been missing is the requisite kernel drivers (not to mention user space packages...) to enable hardware accelerated video decoding. Is the kernel side of that included in your 5.8 update?

Would it be useful for folks to try out your 5.8 kernel and provide feedback?

Not at the moment. The problems at present are related to the compiler.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
if it is the neon complier issue... are you using gcc 10? just step back to gcc 9.x. or use a git gcc (master is fixed).

hardware decoding working great with the linux build script in pbp-tools.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 987 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,538 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,127 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,194 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 88,453 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,220 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  install debian on pbp jsch 7 4,022 11-22-2023, 04:22 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  How to mainline kernel on daniel thompson's debian installer? hellojack 14 7,363 09-07-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Der Geist der Maschine
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 5,241 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,471 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock