Google Play Store (or services)
I have Remix up and running and it looks like the play store came pre-installed.  But no matter what I try to download it either gives me an error or just keeps thinking.  Wi-fi is working fine so it's not an internet connection issue.

Do I need to side-load something to make it work properly?

Thanks.
Have you tried the latest image? I had that issue on one of the older ones.
It worked perfectly fine for me when I tried ... could something (e.g. in your router) be blocking google play services? Do you have a private DNS ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I got the same error with the playstore. But i found a solution. You have to do the following, after that, everything works fine and you can download and install the apps you want from playstore:

1. Go to Settings and delete your google account from "Accounts"
2. Go to Apps and clear data + cache for the google play store
3. start the play store and reenter your google account informations

After these steps you can download without any errors
I just installed remix-v2.0-20160415 for the 2nd time and this time everything seems to be working well. I used the DD image for my 32 GB SD card and booted with the Ethernet cable unplugged. Once I plugged it in and was online, I was able to open the Play Store App and log into my account. I update 4 apps already installed and have since added Twitter, Comixology and TheCW TV App that actually let me stream The Flash. So far so good!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Play Store Still Not Working mmb 1 2,981 06-16-2016, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Luke
  How do we get support for incompatible apps in the play store Abuthemagician 7 8,080 04-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Possible to Run This OS Without a Google Account? Akazungu 5 6,779 04-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ML-Anderal