L2TP Client Package For PBP
Looking for an L2TP/IPSec client for my PBP. Any suggestions?
(12-02-2019, 07:15 PM)CloudPlumber42 Wrote: Looking for an L2TP/IPSec client for my PBP. Any suggestions?

I have the same question. Any suggestions would be welcome.
I'm assuming you're using the default Debian. Have you already tried network-manager-l2tp?
Yes, I am using the default Debian. Sorry for the noob question, but I don't see network-manager-l2tp in the package manager. Would I just download and install from the link you provided? Something like: sudo dpkg -i /absolute/path/to/deb/file sudo apt-get install -f
Yea, you should also be able to select the downloaded package to install through Synaptic. I believe you can drop the absolute path, too, if you run the command from the directory where the .deb is downloaded.
(01-16-2020, 08:16 AM)tophneal Wrote: Yea, you should also be able to select the downloaded package to install through Synaptic. I believe you can drop the absolute path, too, if you run the command from the directory where the .deb is downloaded.

I probably missed it somehow, but couldn't find anything with l2tp in Synaptic. However, OpenVPN was listed. I installed and it appears to be working great when I VPN back to my home Synology router.
Big Grin
Try installing through apt in terminal, or download the package from the link I gave above. Synaptic can install downloaded .deb files.
(01-17-2020, 07:47 AM)tophneal Wrote: Try installing through apt in terminal, or download the package from the link I gave above. Synaptic can install downloaded .deb files.

This is where I feel like I'm stepping into murky territory. I selected what I think is the correct architecture build: https://packages.debian.org/buster/arm64...p/download

But, when using GDebi Package Installer: "Error: Wrong architecture 'arm64' -- Run dpkg --add- architecture to add it and update afterwards".

Not smart enough to know if I've select.ed the right build? Certainly don't want to break my new PBP
You need to get the armhf package. The default Debian uses a 64bit kernel, but a 32bit userspace. That package is also for Bullseye, your Debian is Stretch. Stretch it seems does not have this in its repos, so you'll want to use the one from Sid: https://packages.debian.org/sid/network-manager-l2tp

Here's a link where someone outlines their install of this package to Stretch: https://thomask.sdf.org/blog/2018/01/16/...retch.html
I tried using the network manager from Sid.  I received an error message:

dependency problems prevent configuration of network-manager-l2tp:
network-manager-l2tp depends on ppp (>= 2.4.7-2+~); however:
 Version of ppp on system is 2.4.7-1+4.

Any suggestions?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature) Mangustis 0 735 02-21-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Mangustis
Big Grin Selling Pinbook Pro AND pinephone convergence package poltergiest 2 2,114 03-08-2022, 10:12 AM
Last Post: poltergiest
  Email Client mamboman777 13 13,578 01-28-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: zaius
  PBP ARM Processor RECOGNIZED by Default Debian OS Synaptic Package Manager jcj52436999 14 16,051 12-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: User 6582