Ubuntu 64bit Bionic for PineBook Pro
I trying to find an "arm64" Ubuntu image for the PineBook Pro. 
There are no arm64 versions available here - https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b...tag/0.9.14
or in any of the recent releases. Just a minimal image is ok as long as the network connects and the display works.
Thanks.
There isn't a ready to run image available. You can make one with Ayufan's build scripts or you can grab the RockPro64 minimal image, loopback mount it, mount the filesystem, chroot into it (with a network connection available) and "apt install linux-pinebookpro-0.9" -- that'll get you a bootable minimal command-line system image that you can flash to an SD card after you unmount the filesystem and loopback. You can burn the base image to an SD card and chroot into that too instead of using loopback. You'll probably also want to patch a U-Boot into the image that supports sd booting if you're going to flash it to the eMMC, otherwise you won't be able to boot directly to an sd card after you write the image to your eMMC.

I've been meaning to write this up as a how-to and provide some scripts this week but between the holiday and a nasty cold I haven't had the brainpower to write up a guide. Anyway, the above will get you an arm64 userland 18.04 system, you'll probably want to install any missing tools packages (wireless tools, etc) that the RockPro64 doesn't need by default and test it from an SD card to verify that it's got everything you need before you write it to the eMMC.
(12-02-2019, 02:28 AM)Arglebargle Wrote: There isn't a ready to run image available. You can make one with Ayufan's build scripts or you can grab the RockPro64 minimal image, loopback mount it, mount the filesystem, chroot into it (with a network connection available) and "apt install linux-pinebookpro-0.9" -- that'll get you a bootable minimal command-line system image that you can flash to an SD card after you unmount the filesystem and loopback. You can burn the base image to an SD card and chroot into that too instead of using loopback. You'll probably also want to patch a U-Boot into the image that supports sd booting if you're going to flash it to the eMMC, otherwise you won't be able to boot directly to an sd card after you write the image to your eMMC.

I've been meaning to write this up as a how-to and provide some scripts this week but between the holiday and a nasty cold I haven't had the brainpower to write up a guide. Anyway, the above will get you an arm64 userland 18.04 system, you'll probably want to install any missing tools packages (wireless tools, etc) that the RockPro64 doesn't need by default and test it from an SD card to verify that it's got everything you need before you write it to the eMMC.

Thanks, I will have go at building an image.
(12-02-2019, 02:44 AM)futurejones Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 02:28 AM)Arglebargle Wrote: There isn't a ready to run image available. You can make one with Ayufan's build scripts or you can grab the RockPro64 minimal image, loopback mount it, mount the filesystem, chroot into it (with a network connection available) and "apt install linux-pinebookpro-0.9" -- that'll get you a bootable minimal command-line system image that you can flash to an SD card after you unmount the filesystem and loopback. You can burn the base image to an SD card and chroot into that too instead of using loopback. You'll probably also want to patch a U-Boot into the image that supports sd booting if you're going to flash it to the eMMC, otherwise you won't be able to boot directly to an sd card after you write the image to your eMMC.

Thanks, I will have go at building an image.

I for one would like to see this and help test it too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 844 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,455 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,080 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,161 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 88,045 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,177 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 5,160 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,452 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  Install deepin OS on pinebook pro wangyukunshan 4 1,531 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: myself600
  Kali Linux for Pinebook Pro - stuck on the login screen owaspfap 0 648 07-13-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: owaspfap