Where are the HW kill switches located?
I see in the description of the phone that there are hardware kill switches for wireless, camera, microphone, etc.

But I don't see where these are located on the device. The pictures only show power and volume buttons.
Somewhere in the description it also says that there will only be three buttons.

So... how does that work?
(12-01-2019, 08:45 PM)WaldoTheRanger Wrote: I see in the description of the phone that there are hardware kill switches for wireless, camera, microphone, etc.

But I don't see where these are located on the device. The pictures only show power and volume buttons.
Somewhere in the description it also says that there will only be three buttons.

So... how does that work?

They're under the rear cover.
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...figuration
Quote:They're under the rear cover.

That's not a good idea. For instance, there are situations when you want to make sure your camera and mic are off, but others where you definitely need them. It would be silly having to open the back cover each time your requirement changes.
(12-03-2019, 07:36 AM)Zweitaktmotor Wrote: For instance, there are situations when you want to make sure your camera and mic are off, but others where you definitely need them. It would be silly having to open the back cover each time your requirement changes.

Depends on how hard/easy it is to remove the cover.

The hardware switches are a nice extra but apart from the cameras, it's likely I will rely on the software to disable/enable things on a regular basis.
I'd like to see the important kill switches at the side of the phone.
A television set and a broken metal chest, a black hole for a brain and some matters for the rest.