All android buillds on wiki for Microsd missing GPT?
(01-31-2020, 05:05 AM)morrolinux Wrote: I'm not sure I understand what you actually did here.
You rebooted OSX and tried again flashing with Etcher? You flashed under Ubuntu with Etcher?

I first tried writing the img with Etcher on MacOS on a MBP. It didn't work, so I rebooted into an Ubuntu install on that same machine. It didn't work either, so I then wrote it using Etcher in MacOS on a Mac Pro. That one worked.

(01-31-2020, 05:05 AM)morrolinux Wrote: Also what do you mean by "it was the stock Rockchip img, not one of the SD-prepared ones, in case anyone's wondering" ?
you haven't used the one called "Stock Android for DD method [micro SD Boot] [20190918]" but the other one called "Stock for RK Flash tool [SD Boot] [20190427]" ?
Don't you need a windows tool to burn the latter?

I used this image: Stock for RK Flash tool [SD Boot] [20190427]
The wiki does say a specific program is required, but I had no issue booting it after Etcher wrote it.

(01-31-2020, 05:05 AM)morrolinux Wrote: What I found out myself is: 
- My sandisk extreme micro SD cards won't boot or will get stuck on a "dead android" logo boot loop (but others have reported no issues with their sandisk extreme... maybe a different version?)

1) I tried with a cheap 16GB kingston card and it "booted" to an "Erasing" screen, followed by a reboot to the typical "Android" logo boot splash screen, except I never got past that screen, even after 1 hour it was stuck there.

2) After forcing a shutdown from point 1) I pulled the SD card and plugged it back in my main computer where I used testdisk to recover the GPT partition table, four partitions were detected. I've mounted all of them, One of those needed to be fsck'ed.

3) Then I tried again to boot the SD card and this time after a couple of minutes I got an actual Android login prompt, where I used the password "rock" but then got a message saying that my "data" (partition) is corrupt and cannot be decrypted, inviting me to press "factory reset", so I did.

Here is where things got extremely random and frustrating:

4) The first time I did all the above I was brought to the Android recovery where I did wipe "data" myself. Then I rebooted and received an error complaining that "cache" was corrupt and needed to be wiped too (awkard since the recovery reported to have wiped the cache as well). Anyway I never managed to get into the recovery again. Even repeating the exact same previous steps for all the evening. 

5) Now it just get stuck on the Android boot splashscreen.

That is odd. Which image did you use?

If you're not in a rush @tllim says he'll be providing a fresh Android 9 img in the near future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All android buillds on wiki for Microsd missing GPT? - by tophneal - 01-31-2020, 07:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google on Android? KC9UDX 21 28,518 03-17-2023, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  No Android build working! pin 60 83,420 07-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: justiceankomah
  MD5 On Android jaysistar 0 2,659 03-14-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: jaysistar
  Arguments for android support metcalsr 20 30,561 02-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Idaho
  Any word about Android builds? tophneal 36 48,565 01-26-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Account