How to create a new user
blueman-services did not work

Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(blueman-services:1211): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_theme_get_for_screen: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/blueman-services", line 30, in <module>
       setup_icon_path()
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/blueman/Functions.py", line 178, in setup_icon_path
       ic.prepend_search_path(ICON_PATH)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object hass no attribute 'prepend_search_path'

Solved
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo....2C_etc...
Once the machine reboots press Alt-Ctrl-F1 to bring up a text terminal
After root logout. Log into the text terminal as yourself to fix login error: "Configured directory for incoming files does not exist"; <--- wrong
Should be...
"Press Alt-Ctrl-F7 to go back to the login screen and then login as the normal user"
Then use terminal
blueman-services
Select "Transfer" tab and set "Incoming Folder" to myself
@Nathe, Thank you, Wiki section updated. Please review and let us know of any improvements that could done.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(01-14-2020, 08:29 PM)Arwen Wrote: @Nathe, Thank you, Wiki section updated. Please review and let us know of any improvements that could done.

Looks good. Happy to help and most welcome! Smile
I'm looking to add a new user for my spouse.

I'm all set with updating root and changing rock users. The Wiki was very helpful there. I expected to see an option under Administration to set up users but nothing is there. I did "sudo adduser" at the command line and I was able to add her. Unfortunately, her user doesn't have all the same functionality as the changed "rock" users does. Also, the keyboard isn't mapped right for her. What's the "right" way to add a user?
>What's the "right" way to add a user?
More than 1 way to skin a cat
adduser can also add a group ,,, adduser $USER sudo ,, etc, etc (1group per cmd)
type id, shows what groups your login is in, OR id $USER for user's groups
(all as root or sudo)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO create a installation USB with ... (see below) Ice-O-Star 1 1,041 01-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: DrYak
  [Debian] How to enter single user mode? captain_swing 2 3,961 03-20-2020, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ab1jx
  Pinebook Pro - change default user fonske 2 3,535 02-24-2020, 10:59 PM
Last Post: dlester1964d