Pine phone Screen Protectors
I found someone selling a braveheart edition on eBay, and noticed in the listing photos, they have a glass screen protector, and they're including a spare with the phone.
Looking at the photo's, seems to be a screen protector for an iPhone 11 Pro Max/XS Max.

So, looks like the iPhone 11 Pro Max/XS Max Tempered Glass screen protectors seem to fit the PinePhone 64 display very nicely.
[Image: znejgGo.jpg]

[Image: pif17K6.jpg]
The Pine Store Now has 8H glass screen protectors in stock   Exclamation
I've bought glass screen protector in pine64 store, but its size matches exactly size of factory protector. I mean it doesn't cover edges of the screen. Any suggestions for glass screen protector that covers edges as well?
(07-16-2020, 01:09 AM)bcnaz Wrote: The Pine Store Now has 8H glass screen protectors in stock   Exclamation
These screen protectors seem to be extremely, extremely easy to break. I ordered one and it arrived broken across the middle, still in its protective packaging. I contacted Pine support, sent them a picture, and they sent me a new screen protector right away (kudos to Pine's support team for a quick response on this one). The new screen protector came today, fully intact, but when I picked it up to check which side had the protective film on it right before putting it on the phone, I accidentally bent it about 1/8" and with a *pop* a hairline crack appeared across the middle right where the first one did. There's no way around this being the weakest part of any screen protector, but you really need surgical precision when putting one of these on.

I'd like to hear if there are any third-party screen protectors that fit the Pinephone. The iPhone 11 Pro Max post looks promising.
So, I just want to get clarification....
The screen protector that now comes on pinephones from the factory... Is it the same as the "glass" one available as an accessory in the store?
https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-tem...protector/
My UBports CE pinephone factory screen protector was easily removed - thin, flexible and presumably plastic.

I replaced it with a much thicker, more rigid 9H tempered glass screen protector bought online that was advertised for the iPhone 11 Pro Max / Xs Max (as per wiki info).
Pretty much perfect fit - width is perfect, extends above and below top and bottom of screen no problem, avoids front camera notch and speaker 'bar'.

I'm no expert on tempered glass protectors, but hopefully the one I have is good enough, not that I want to find out.  Wink
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
(11-18-2020, 08:30 PM)dcinoz Wrote: My UBports CE pinephone factory screen protector was easily removed - thin, flexible and presumably plastic.

I replaced it with a much thicker, more rigid 9H tempered glass screen protector bought online that was advertised for the iPhone 11 Pro Max / Xs Max (as per wiki info).
Pretty much perfect fit - width is perfect, extends above and below top and bottom of screen no problem, avoids front camera notch and speaker 'bar'.

I'm no expert on tempered glass protectors, but hopefully the one I have is good enough, not that I want to find out.  Wink

@dcinoz 

Did you use alcohol (or what) to clean the Pine phone screen before applying the new one ?

I am ready to remove the factory installed one on my Brave Heart phone,

the plastic protector is showing scratches from being used.

Thanks
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-19-2020, 03:17 AM)bcnaz Wrote: @dcinoz 

Did you use alcohol (or what) to clean the Pine phone screen before applying the new one ?

I am ready to remove the factory installed one on my Brave Heart phone,

the plastic protector is showing scratches from being used.

Thanks

@bcnaz
The screen protector came with a wet wipe and a dry wipe (lint free) so yes - I wiped the screen clean with the wet wipe and dried it with the dry wipe (lint free cloth) before applying the new tempered glass screen protector, as per instructions.

I suggest having the pinephone screen on to help with alignment.

Good luck!
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
But you just pulled it off ?
Then used the wipes to prepare for the new glass protector. ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-19-2020, 09:35 PM)bcnaz Wrote: But you just pulled it off  ?
Then used the wipes to prepare for the new glass protector.  ?

Peeled factory one off from one of the edges using my fingernail.
Then cleaned for new one, yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,465 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case undata 5 2,303 10-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Pine phone keyboard ? bcnaz 66 42,806 12-27-2022, 05:13 AM
Last Post: hlaube
  A Pinephone case that'll actually prevent the screen from cracking mil 24 15,960 11-18-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: mil
  PinePhone Keyboard on other phone/over USB Dakkaron 1 1,903 10-20-2022, 03:47 AM
Last Post: svenh
  Pine Phone cases and accessories bcnaz 22 29,777 08-14-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: cool
  KB: Phone not/barely charging from power supplies when keyboard is not full Phalio 12 7,289 04-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Phalio
  Screen/Screen Protector Whitening Issue adjf873_n-s 6 4,790 03-09-2022, 02:46 AM
Last Post: adjf873_n-s
  How to Disable on-screen Keyboard? dgiffin 4 3,850 01-20-2022, 09:02 AM
Last Post: dgiffin
  phone keyboard as generic usb keyboard? heocb 1 1,790 01-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Last Post: VaZso