Anyone seeing occasional display stuttering?
I am seeing the display to stutter occasionally on my Pine64 2GB. Anyone else seeing this?

The issue doesn't seem to be any app specific. It happened to me while I was using ES Explorer, Google Play Store or even when I was on the home screen without any app running in the background.

I installed Android-03032016 and Remix-04152016 on two different SD cards. Ran into the same issue with both OSes. Tried two different HDMI cables, still same.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? Is this a driver issue?

If others are seeing this issue, we can report a bug.
Actually I am seeing the whole OS stutter. Everything chokes periodically. The install, the graphics, everything. A new build is supposed to drop soon, I would just wait
(04-29-2016, 05:34 AM)hyperlogos Wrote: Actually I am seeing the whole OS stutter. Everything chokes periodically.

Do you know why every Android device out there uses eMMC? Since eMMC shows pretty decent random I/O performance.

Do you know what happens if you use an average SD card with Android? The symptoms you describe above.

Random I/O is the key and SD cards of the same 'speed class' differ here by factor 20 or even more: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic...rformance/

Unfortunately the 'speed class' ratings used for SD cards don't tell anything about random I/O and it's also not that easy to measure this in Android/RemixOS (with Linux you would use iozone for example -- see the aforementioned link)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  display problem florianl 6 6,815 06-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Last Post: kiko
  turn off display after inactivity Blindstealer 3 4,740 06-05-2016, 05:18 AM
Last Post: dkryder
  Display too large for TV slamminsalmon 1 2,708 04-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Last Post: arpanj2
  How to turn off and wake up display? JulianM 19 21,655 02-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Last Post: SkimMilk