U-Boot with direct NVMe boot support for eMMC/SPI Flash
(01-13-2020, 05:13 AM)mamboman777 Wrote: I do not understand how to get this working. I used gnome-disk-utility to"restore" a fresh disk image to s micro SD card. I booted to the SD card then "restored" Manjaro to the emmc and default Debian to the nvme. According to the wiki the uboot code that I need is in the Manjaro release, but it's still booting from SD card first, emmc second. Nothing from nvme. What am I doing wrong?

I think that NVMe is just third in the order. So I needed to remove OS from eMMC to boot from NVMe.
(01-13-2020, 05:24 AM)Wizzard Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 05:13 AM)mamboman777 Wrote: I do not understand how to get this working. I used gnome-disk-utility to"restore" a fresh disk image to s micro SD card. I booted to the SD card then "restored" Manjaro to the emmc and default Debian to the nvme. According to the wiki the uboot code that I need is in the Manjaro release, but it's still booting from SD card first, emmc second. Nothing from nvme. What am I doing wrong?

I think that NVMe is just third in the order. So I needed to remove OS from eMMC to boot from NVMe.
I tried completely wiping the emmc and got nothing. Is something supposed to be on the emmc that points to the nvme? Or did I miss flashing something onto the board that points to the nvme?
So it seems that you did not flash it correctly or completely, not sure. I flashed it directly from rkdeveloptool.
(01-13-2020, 06:19 AM)Wizzard Wrote: So it seems that you did not flash it correctly or completely, not sure. I flashed it directly from rkdeveloptool.

That's what I'm missing. I'm sorry for my ignorance.  What needs to be flashed?

Well, I got something to happen...I followed the instructions for flashing. The machine powered on once too the open sesame screen, them rebooted and nothing. Worse yet, now when an SD is inserted it powers on, the led flashes and the machine appears to power off. Appears I've gone and created a paperweight. Any ideas how to get this working?
I followed this guide https://iotbyhvm.ooo/rockpi-4-write-imag...-otg-port/ from chapter "Write to SPI flash via USB" and flashed this file: https://github.com/pcm720/rockchip-u-boo...iflash.bin
Can't even boot onto anything now. I'm too frustrated she need to step away till this evening. I'll check back later.
No problem, to boot PBP in the MASKROM mode, use Recovery button and connect it to your PC with USB-C cable.

(Need to open PBP and uncover the PCB) The button is no. 28.
[Image: PBPL_S.jpg]
(01-13-2020, 07:03 AM)Wizzard Wrote: No problem, to boot PBP in the MASKROM mode, use Recovery button and connect it to your PC with USB-C cable.

(Need to open PBP and uncover the PCB) The button is no. 28.
[Image: PBPL_S.jpg]

Thank you.  That all makes sense. I will be able to do this when I get home from work tonight.  After I connect it to pic, then what?
I dont remember everything what I did but I see that it is necessary to download rkdeveloptool in Linux and build it.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkdeveloptool
cd rkdeveloptool
autoreconf -i
./configure
make

and then to flash that spi image.

Code:
rkdeveloptool wl 0 /path/to/uboot-trust-spi.img
(01-13-2020, 08:05 AM)Wizzard Wrote: I dont remember everything what I did but I see that it is necessary to download rkdeveloptool in Linux and build it.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkdeveloptool
cd rkdeveloptool
autoreconf -i
./configure
make

and then to flash that spi image.

Code:
rkdeveloptool wl 0 /path/to/uboot-trust-spi.img
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.  What does "wl 0" do? I am able to follow terminal commands and will do this when I get home, but I also would like to try to understand what I'm doing. Is the spi the bit of code that is on board itself?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 629 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 233 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 560 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Various freezes during boot & while running several Linux distros - hardware error? donuts 1 514 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,118 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
  Selling my Pinebook Pro with a bootable NVMe WD SSD drive pinemouth 0 705 09-27-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: pinemouth
  Cannot boot to Kali SD card after uboot upgrade jbradley419 4 1,066 09-19-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Does latest Tow-Boot install/work correctly for everyone? tophneal 4 1,668 08-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Boot into NVME drive, no wifi, sound, buttons... PaulQ 0 751 07-13-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: PaulQ