Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions
jeez. @danielt, GPT holds partition information in the Partition Array. that has its minimum limit, to be able to hold at least the minimum number of partitions, I can't check the particular numbers, because typing it from a tablet, but the partition array still will be at least something kilobytes. and it comes BEFORE any partition. and now i see, you managed to have the first partition at LBA 64. Big Grin well, i don't know what all these sfdisks really have been creating, but it's not GPT! kind of not worth mentioning after this, that GPT recommends to align a partition at 2MB.

FAT might be used because this file system is required by UEFI and can be used by it for booting. apparently Rockchip had this intention in mind.

also. if you are dd-ing beginning of one GPT partitioned disk onto another one, you get bogus drive. the must be unique GUIDs (for the disk and every partition) are not unique and also the Back up GPT header and partition array are absent. these two are severe violations, that make such setups just a broken thing, working by accident. and, of course, sooner or later, it may "pay off" in a very unpleasant way. GPT partitioning CANNOT be made by dd-ing!
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions - by z4v4l - 12-04-2019, 12:22 PM