Trackpad firmware update
For those who wish to try, @jackhumbert has posted a revised kb/tp code. Obviously you are doing this as your own responsibility: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...&pid=57854
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Following ayufan's instructions one line at a time using an external keyboard, I was able to get my keyboard working correctly again.
A question:

Has anyone managed to do the trackpad update on Manjaro for Arm?
I tried a few things including converting the libusb deb package to an Arch package, but no luck.

Any help would be great. I ran the firmware update on the original OS and it worked perfectly then.
manjaro has their own repo/pkgbuild for this:

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/p...rd-updater
(01-26-2020, 02:38 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote: A question:

I tried a few things including converting the libusb deb package to an Arch package, but no luck.

Any help would be great. I ran the firmware update on the original OS and it worked perfectly then.

Since that is a 'firmware' update,  you should not need to re-do it,  it is within the keyboard/track pad hardware.
If you already did the update,  that will not change just because you changed the OS....

If you are having issues with the keyboard or track pad now  ?  That would be something within the new OS itself.

That is, you said it worked "perfectly" after the first time you ran the update.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-26-2020, 07:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 02:38 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote: A question:

Since that is a 'firmware' update,  you should not need to re-do it,  it is within the keyboard/track pad hardware.
If you already did the update,  that will not change just because you changed the OS....

If you are having issues with the keyboard or track pad now  ?  That would be something within the new OS itself.

That is,    you said it worked "perfectly" after the first time you ran the update.

Thanks for the info - Yes, I ran the update on the default OS and it resolved the problem then. I assumed it wouldn't need doing again

Now on Manjaro Arm the trackpad is awful again, I will try find another fix, rather than unnecessarily running the update again.

The trackpad itself is clearly a weak point on the device, so I'm not expecting miracles, just so that it is somewhat usable basically.
just do the update again on manjaro using their own install method.
(01-23-2020, 09:14 AM)Luke Wrote: For those who wish to try, @jackhumbert has posted a revised kb/tp code. Obviously you are doing this as your own responsibility: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...&pid=57854

Hi @Luke will there also be an official firmware version for ANSI keyboard to fix the FN+F9-12 keys to come out?
Many thanks.
Having a weird keyboard issue and I was wondering if anyone else could replicate it. I’m running Manjaro and whenever I first press the F3 key nothing happens. However, my ‘p’ key will then instead act as if it is the F3 key, while pressing Fn + F3 will act like the ‘p’ key. The only way to fix it is to restart. This also happens on the default Debian image but in a less consistent way that is hard to describe. I recently installed @jackhumbert ‘s keyboard firmware update but I don’t know for sure if that caused it as I hadn’t used the F3 key prior. If it helps, I’m unable to replicate this behavior while using an external usb keyboard.
(01-30-2020, 09:58 PM)dirtyv Wrote: Having a weird keyboard issue and I was wondering if anyone else could replicate it. I’m running Manjaro and whenever I first press the F3 key nothing happens. However, my ‘p’ key will then instead act as if it is the F3 key, while pressing Fn + F3 will act like the ‘p’ key. The only way to fix it is to restart. This also happens on the default Debian image but in a less consistent way that is hard to describe. I recently installed @jackhumbert ‘s keyboard firmware update but I don’t know for sure if that caused it as I hadn’t used the F3 key prior. If it helps, I’m unable to replicate this behavior while using an external usb keyboard.

This is a bug I introduced with the revised firmware - I think I have it fixed in my c_sources branch: https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...rmware/src - I'm working on mirgrating those changes to master, and should have that post updated tomorrow!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,999 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,832 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,143 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,008 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,724 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,337 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z