Trackpad firmware update
(01-17-2020, 11:17 AM)Erik217 Wrote: I just got the PBP and did the update for my ANSI keyboard and now keyboard doesn't type letters out correctly...

eg: on login screen i can type rock without any issues but once i login keyboard doesn't type letters correctly anymore
rock = r6c2

123456789*
qwerty456-[]\
asdfgh123+'
zxcvbn0,./

Any idea how can i fix this :/

Based on your input there, it looks like the NumLK is enabled. Just turn that off and it should work. Check my post above. Are your F8-F12 secondary functions shifted like mine (i.e. pressing Print Screen is actually NumLK)?
(01-17-2020, 11:29 AM)wtdonnelly Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 11:17 AM)Erik217 Wrote: I just got the PBP and did the update for my ANSI keyboard and now keyboard doesn't type letters out correctly...

eg: on login screen i can type rock without any issues but once i login keyboard doesn't type letters correctly anymore
rock = r6c2

123456789*
qwerty456-[]\
asdfgh123+'
zxcvbn0,./

Hi Erik.

It looks like your numlock key (or equivalent, I don't have PBP in front of me) is on.  That makes the right side of the keyboard behave like a numeric keypad.  Check your keyboard indicators, and if you have an external keyboard plugged in, check the status of that one too.

Bill

the numlock function is Fn + F10 key combination
Thumbs Up 
(01-17-2020, 11:29 AM)wtdonnelly Wrote:

rock = r6c2

123456789*
qwerty456-[]\
asdfgh123+'
zxcvbn0,./

Hi Erik.

It looks like your numlock key (or equivalent, I don't have PBP in front of me) is on.  That makes the right side of the keyboard behave like a numeric keypad.  Check your keyboard indicators, and if you have an external keyboard plugged in, check the status of that one too.

Bill

Thanks this fixed it. 
My external keyboard had numlock key on and this was causing the issue.
The update worked for me and I find that the touchpad is much more accurate and easier to control, before the update it would skip about a little. but that has been cured.
A big thanks to all involved
I have ANSI PBP and I am also experiencing the issue where it is impossible to make precise cursor movements with the trackpad -- when making small finger movements it only sporadically registers like 20 pixel 'hops' in cursor position.

I've updated the firmware but it didn't fix anything.
Same here, especially annoying when trying to resize a window because the corner you can grab looks like only 2x2 pixels. Try that on a14" fullhd screen with a soapy mouse cursor to get the idea. I own some old 7" android netbooks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFYaxYEGz4Y yet the tiny trackpad is stunningly accurate, just slowly rolling the tip of the finger can make pixel perfect moves.
Yeah, I have noticed a huge difference in accuracy by simply "Rolling" my finger tip, rather than "Sliding" my finger on the track pad.

"Sliding" my finger gets me across the screen quickly, however on these high definition screens,

Trying to move the cursor a minute little bit is nearly impossible with any accuracy by "Sliding" my finger,

that last little fine movement requires a little "Roll" of the finger tip.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
My Trackpad didn't work after Step 1, launched the Terminal from the keyboard using the Pine key and completed Step 2 and rebooted. TrackPad worked when it came back up

The TrackPad is better when trying to get your cursor in the corners of Windows to diagonally drag to enlarge, keyboard doesn't seem to drop any letters now  Big Grin
After the firmware updates, make sure to adjust the trackpad sensitivity and acceleration to your liking. I had completely forgotten, but when I did that, it was nearly perfect save for the occasional jumping cursor  Smile
(01-18-2020, 02:16 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Yeah,  I have noticed a huge difference in accuracy by simply "Rolling" my finger tip, rather than "Sliding" my finger on the track pad.

"Sliding" my finger gets me across the screen quickly, however on these high definition screens,

Trying to move the cursor a minute little bit is nearly impossible with any accuracy by "Sliding" my finger,

that last little fine movement requires a little "Roll" of the finger tip.

Your technique works for me too, it was very hard to select the scroll bar to widen the window on chromium  Smile
crocky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,830 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,142 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,007 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,723 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,337 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z