Trackpad firmware update
(01-13-2020, 06:59 PM)Sally Wrote: i attempted to update my  4 hour old Pinebook Pro. Now I can't sign into Pinebook Pro using rock, rock. The letters typed not correct.

What can I do? Do I have to reinstall the OS or is my new Pinebook Pro bricked. Thank you for any assistance.

Kinda flustered ...

I didn't say what I was attempting to update, the keyboard firmware. I'm not sure what happened. Can I reinstall Debian?  Thank you for any assistance you can give me. 

My regards, 

Sally
(01-13-2020, 07:47 PM)Sally Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 06:59 PM)Sally Wrote: i attempted to update my  4 hour old Pinebook Pro. Now I can't sign into Pinebook Pro using rock, rock. The letters typed not correct.

What can I do? Do I have to reinstall the OS or is my new Pinebook Pro bricked. Thank you for any assistance.

Kinda flustered ...

I didn't say what I was attempting to update, the keyboard firmware. I'm not sure what happened. Can I reinstall Debian?  Thank you for any assistance you can give me. 

My regards, 

Sally

I ran into a similar problem when running the instructions that update the trackpad firmware for ansi.  After the Step 1 reboot, I could not connect to the laptop via ssh since the wifi hadn't reconnected.  I suspected that the laptop wifi didn't connect because I didn't login.  However, I couldn't login because the keyboard mapping was mixed up.  

I solved the problem via trial and error by determining which keys were mapped to r, o, c, k, and Enter.  This allowed me to login which started the wifi. I then logged into my router to determine the ip address of the laptop.  The name of the connection listed by the router is Debian-Desktop.  Below are the key mappings I used to login:
r = y
o = .
c = h
k = ' 
\ = Enter
Enter = backspace

Note: use \ to get to the Password field from the ID field.

Hope this helps your problem!
(01-13-2020, 08:31 PM)hpc@scale Wrote:

Kinda flustered ...

My regards, 

Sally

I ran into a similar problem when running the instructions that update the trackpad firmware for ansi.  After the Step 1 reboot, I could not connect to the laptop via ssh since the wifi hadn't reconnected.  I suspected that the laptop wifi didn't connect because I didn't login.  However, I couldn't login because the keyboard mapping was mixed up.  

I solved the problem via trial and error by determining which keys were mapped to r, o, c, k, and Enter.  This allowed me to login which started the wifi. I then logged into my router to determine the ip address of the laptop.  The name of the connection listed by the router is Debian-Desktop.  Below are the key mappings I used to login:
r = y
o = .
c = h
k = ' 
\ = Enter
Enter = backspace

Note: use \ to get to the Password field from the ID field.

Hope this helps your problem!

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, I mapped out my now wacky keyboard and dead trackpad. But I don't know how what to after that. Would it be wise to reinstall Debian. I can't believe this has happened. I'm willing to learn how to solve the issues. Thank you again.

R = Y
O = .
C = H
K= "

Kinda flustered ...

My regards, 

Sally

I've been keeping notes on my PBP setup/configure.  I experienced the same issue.  I wasn't patient enough to try and figure out which key produced which character.  I used an external keyboard.  My notes:

# Apply trackpad/keyboard firmware [https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8407]

$ git clone https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo...rd-updater
   $ cd pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
   $ sudo apt-get install build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev xxd
   $ make

$ sudo ./updater step-1 ansi
   $ sudo reboot (my keyboard became unusable by step-1 so reboot via menu)

# Attach usb keyboard to finish
   $ cd /pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
   $ sudo ./updater step-2 ansi
   $ sudo reboot
(01-13-2020, 09:07 PM)ColoBill Wrote:

Kinda flustered ...

My regards, 

Sally

I've been keeping notes on my PBP setup/configure.  I experienced the same issue.  I wasn't patient enough to try and figure out which key produced which character.  I used an external keyboard.  My notes:

# Apply trackpad/keyboard firmware [https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8407]

$ git clone https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo...rd-updater
   $ cd pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
   $ sudo apt-get install build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev xxd
   $ make

$ sudo ./updater step-1 and

# Attach usb keyboard to finish
   $ sudo ./updater step-2 ans
   $ sudo reboot

I too switched to an external keyboard: I didn't have an issue with the 

$ sudo ./updater step-1 ios

It was the second part that doesn't download /  work. It says something like saying, file can't be found.
I'm in a similar predicament with my new PBP. Using an external keyboard, step-1 ansi seemed to work. Rebooted and executed: $ sudo ./updater step-2 ansi.
Log ends with:
Verify mismatch: type=f2, pass=e2, received=d2
Touchpad verify (type=242, pass=226) data failed
Touchpad erase failed
(01-13-2020, 10:26 PM)Lyn Wrote: I'm in a similar predicament with my new PBP. Using an external keyboard, step-1 ansi seemed to work. Rebooted and executed: $ sudo ./updater step-2 ansi.
Log ends with:
Verify mismatch: type=f2, pass=e2, received=d2
Touchpad verify (type=242, pass=226) data failed
Touchpad erase failed

Got my PBP this morning and having same issue here. I've opened a separate Issue on GitHub to track it: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo.../issues/13
Those people who have issues with flashing the kb/tp, please try a few times.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Interestingly enough, reboots didn't help, I kept getting same failure, but I've powered off the PBP and on next cycle (starting with step-1) it worked!
I can confirm that powering off the PBP, then (again) performing the following worked for me:

$ sudo ./updater step-1 ansi
$ sudo reboot

$ sudo ./updater step-2 ansi
$ sudo reboot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,830 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,142 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,006 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,723 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z