Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts
 Just wondering 'when' we will be able to purchase replacement keyboards for our Pinebook Pro's  ?

As for substituting an ISO for an ANSI  or a ANSI for an ISO,  or simply because something broke on your original keyboard  ?

Also perhaps replacement or upgrade motherboards as the PBP matures.....

What if you happen to damage your screen  ?

I am hoping to see some replacement parts on the store website.

Thanks  !

(Maybe some cool accessories like skins or cases as well)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel with track pad ?
(11-21-2019, 01:39 PM)josmo Wrote: ...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi  keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel   with track pad ?

While no specifics about what will be required, Luke has stated that conversion kits will be made available (hopefully) after all the PBPs ship out.
I think you may have to replace the 'Whole Palmrest' as you must on the original Pinebook, and a few others.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-21-2019, 01:42 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I think you may have to replace the 'Whole Palmrest' as you must on the original Pinebook, and a few others.

just looking at it i think you are correct keys rely on the palm rest access holes...the enter key etc won't fit Sad
I do not know how difficult it is to replace individual key caps. I'd be happy with a few stickers just so the keyboard is labeled WYSIWYG.
(11-21-2019, 01:33 PM)bcnaz Wrote: *
 Just wondering 'when' we will be able to purchase replacement keyboards for our Pinebook Pro's  ?

As for substituting an ISO for an ANSI  or a ANSI for an ISO,  or simply because something broke on your original keyboard  ?

Also perhaps replacement or upgrade motherboards as the PBP matures.....

What if you happen to damage your screen  ?

I am hoping to see some replacement parts on the store website.

Thanks  !

(Maybe some cool accessories like skins or cases as well)

Still Waiting (January 07, 2020)  ...

>  Last I heard there would be some replacement Pinebook Pro ANSI keyboards

" Available in late December"     ?

>  Anyone have an 'update'  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I am guessing a good number of 2019 purchasers bought the Pro inspite of the ISO keyboards mostly to support the project but would now really appreciate being able to swap in an ANSI keyboard.  I know I would.  Hope the ANSI will be available soon.
Last i recall Luke talking on parts to swap out ISO for ANSI, he added that the parts/kit would not be available until after the ANSI PBPs were shipped. I think their availability will be based on ANSI units sold and parts remaining.
(11-21-2019, 01:39 PM)josmo Wrote: ...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi  keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel   with track pad ?

Note :
    The plastic trim around the screen is referred to as the 'bezel',  the plastic around the keyboard is called the 'palmrest'.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDMI or VGA From Pinebook Pro via Pinebook Pro Docking Deck? segaloco 2 387 04-09-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: maxjrh
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 304 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Bad replacement battery? chris88233 3 356 02-19-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 243 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pinebook Pro charging issues tomekdev 1 579 01-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Replacement main board for Developers mozes 10 1,672 11-27-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: mozes
  Replacement battery for PineBook Pro DrYak 3 1,034 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Battery replacement mjc 2 2,852 09-26-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: david-lechner
  Pinebook Pro Revised Keyboard Firmware jackhumbert 73 129,018 09-13-2023, 03:43 AM
Last Post: k3dAR
  PineBook Pro dead ottahe 9 5,907 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ottahe