Is it possible to replace LCD panel?
The Panel built in color looks washed out. I don't know what's panel does it has.
So is it possible to replace with a better one?
I'm glad to see you bring this up - colour calibration is definitely off somewhere on the panel. I'm hoping it is software, not hardware.

For example, try looking at a pure red - it looks far too orange.
I also hope it can be fixed in software, colors are very off.
Viewing angles are not bad, but the screen is washed out.
Maybe someone could create an ICC profile for the pinebook pro panel? I have a spyder, and made those in the past, but it's quite a lenghty process (just waiting for the panel to go through all the colours and stuff) and I just don't have enough time on my hands Sad
Looks like there is an ARM compile of Argyll and DisplayCal GUI ... I have an old Spyder3... I might give it a go myself this weekend (I'm kidless this weekend).
(11-22-2019, 01:24 PM)gabeeg Wrote: Looks like there is an ARM compile of Argyll and DisplayCal GUI ... I have an old Spyder3...  I might give it a go myself this weekend (I'm kidless this weekend).

I have a redundant Spyder 2 - dunno how far back that goes (Windows XP perhaps?) long out of any support I suppose.
(11-22-2019, 10:16 AM)mfritsche Wrote: Maybe someone could create an ICC profile for the pinebook pro panel? I have a spyder, and made those in the past, but it's quite a lenghty process (just waiting for the panel to go through all the colours and stuff) and I just don't have enough time on my hands Sad

@krishorne would you be able to do this when your PBP arrives?

Talked to him last night. Says he has a Spyder4 at work he'll use to calibrate with, and will share the profile.
(11-22-2019, 07:57 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 10:16 AM)mfritsche Wrote: Maybe someone could create an ICC profile for the pinebook pro panel? I have a spyder, and made those in the past, but it's quite a lenghty process (just waiting for the panel to go through all the colours and stuff) and I just don't have enough time on my hands Sad

@krishorne would you be able to do this when your PBP arrives?

Talked to him last night. Says he has a Spyder4 at work he'll use to calibrate with, and will share the profile.

Turns out I had a Spyder 4 Pro...newer than I thought...still old though.  I am running Displaycal as I type this on my other machine.  As of this moment it is 1:02:34 into the process and 340 of 391 run.  When complete I will post profile.
Awesome stuff!

.png   Gamut.png (Size: 214.47 KB / Downloads: 528) I have the archive with the .icc profile that Argyll/DispalyCAL created for me...but it is slightly too large to attach...I will just attach the .icc for now and some screens.  In a rush and the icc has a crazy long name...probably want to rename it.

OK, I'm back home and tried to use xcalib to load the profile and I get "unsupported ramp size 0" errors but dispwin -v Pinebook.icc (this is the name of the profile I created) seems to work.   I say "seems" because I do not see a screen change in color or temp or anything else.  Dispwin -V Pinebook.icc seems to verify it is loaded....   I just don't know.

Anybody else try it?

Attached Files
.png   ToneCurve.png (Size: 180.95 KB / Downloads: 461)
.png   Gamut Screen 1 #1 2019-11-24 08-01 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.png (Size: 46.69 KB / Downloads: 430)
.gz   Screen 1 #1 2019-11-24 08-01 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc.tar.gz (Size: 672.41 KB / Downloads: 444)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LCD panel shifted after delevery mbruchert 2 3,530 11-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: member
Question Possible to replace SBC? lunartic 1 2,631 03-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Replace eMMC stefan.schumacher 10 10,692 11-19-2019, 04:19 AM
Last Post: abdel
  What is the PWM frequency of the panel brightness controller? User 12559 4 6,751 07-23-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: User 12559