State of hibernate or hybrid-sleep?
With some issues of suspend, I noticed that hibernate is not an option on the default Debian OS.
Using flash drives, either eMMC or NVMe, returning from hibernate is pretty fast.

On implementation, I've always used hibernate with dedicated swap partition. That's not in the default Debian OS. Easy enough to fix.

Anyone interested in hibernate?
Or hybrid-sleep?
How does hibernate work with swap file?

Note: hybrid-sleep is a combination of suspend for a set time, and if not restored to full power on, automatically hibernate. The hibernate image is written at the beginning of hybrid-sleep. If battery power dies suddenly during the suspend phase, you still have your hibernate image to resume to.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
I would love to see this! I was looking into the other day, but it appears it's still a bit of a dead end in Manjaro.
I think Linux introduced arm64 hibernate (to swap, I think?) support around kernel 4.7, so unless someone can backport that patch set into the 4.4 bsp kernel you're waiting on a stable mainline kernel for the PBP before anyone can start working on getting hibernate working. If you're feeling brave you could try to get it working yourself with the manjaro team's mainline kernel source.
Though her post is focused on the PB1080, someone did share their efforts on the Manjaro forums. I used my PBP with her guide and saw no change in behavior. I couldn't get the PBP to wake up, and had to reboot to get back in. It still behaved as if no changes were made.
Hibernate took me awhile to get working correctly on my x86_x64 laptop. Part of the reason was that I used encrypted swap, which had to be removed and restored as a normal swap before hibernating. I've still got the instructions, so I can poke around at it. But I will wait a bit to see the state of a newer kernel. (I use 4.19.82 at home right now.)

For those thinking about it, I'd suggest a 4GB swap partition. Whence I feel I have enough backup and restore methods in place, (for the original stock Debian), I'll repartition my eMMC to include a 4GB swap partition. (Plus, have 2 root partitions so I can experiment with OSes.)
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(11-20-2019, 07:05 PM)Arwen Wrote: Hibernate took me awhile to get working correctly on my x86_x64 laptop. Part of the reason was that I used encrypted swap, which had to be removed and restored as a normal swap before hibernating. I've still got the instructions, so I can poke around at it. But I will wait a bit to see the state of a newer kernel. (I use 4.19.82 at home right now.)

For those thinking about it, I'd suggest a 4GB swap partition. Whence I feel I have enough backup and restore methods in place, (for the original stock Debian), I'll repartition my eMMC to include a 4GB swap partition. (Plus, have 2 root partitions so I can experiment with OSes.)

Keep us posted on your results!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep and external display - Are there any options? chris88233 7 1,482 09-04-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 4,926 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez
  How to make manjaro sleep or hibernate? KDE? regretfulpineuser 0 936 06-20-2022, 12:56 AM
Last Post: regretfulpineuser
  reset sound after suspend to memory (deep sleep) Der Geist der Maschine 16 16,539 10-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Syonyk
Question Help: Pinebook Pro will not enter sleep [Manjaro 20.04] EverythingIsInput 49 63,279 05-07-2021, 06:21 AM
Last Post: line72
  Netflix, state of the art? gleachkr 82 102,349 03-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Last Post: wrzomar
  Anyone can get deep sleep fully works with NVME rootfs? plumlis 0 2,010 01-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: plumlis
  Installing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with BSP uBoot with deep sleep and sound Syonyk 17 18,966 11-19-2020, 03:16 AM
Last Post: FeMike
  Pinebook pro crashing when put to sleep?? [Manjaro] edward 13 13,273 11-17-2020, 07:17 AM
Last Post: ab1jx