A Key cap has fallen off. How do I refit it?
(11-27-2019, 03:04 AM)Bicko Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 09:07 AM)bolinches Wrote: After some back and forth on the ticket, I got a nice video https://vimeo.com/97180298

While I was doing that I noticed that the two little pins on the bottom were loose in my laptop .... I little it of bit of carefully bending and .... fixed.

EDIT: Added picture

You beauty! Thanks so much for the info. I have some free time later this evening, I'll give it a go and report back.
Thanks again.

(11-26-2019, 02:14 PM)pontux_se Wrote: My tab key has come off two times. Not the plastic hinge, only the key.
Not sure if I press it on the edges but I'll pay more attention from now on and try to press it centrally.
I've managed to press the key gently back on both times.

That's interesting, makes me wonder what mine is doing but I hope to not find out.
It's a bit of a shame to have to remember how to 'type around' the issue, especially when your mind needs to be focused on the task you're working on.
I also recently noticed that the Enter key is behaving in a similar way to the tab... almost sticking down on the edge; I wonder if it's a leverage thing, with those keys being somewhat larger than the 'normal' keys. Mine is the ISO keyboard.
How it went?
(11-27-2019, 04:12 PM)bolinches Wrote: How it went?

I haven't had time to try it - the washing machine needed more urgent attention!
(11-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Bicko Wrote:

I haven't had time to try it - the washing machine needed more urgent attention!

Sorted!  I can love my Pinebook Pro again.
I did notice that one of the metal lugs/hooks was bent and there were some scratches near it.  I think it must have had some 'attention' during assembly.
In case anyone else attempts this and would like a hint; you absolutely must separate the keycap from the scissor mechanism first - don't attempt this with the scissor assembly still attached to the keycap (as I did), you haven't got a hope!
Thanks @bolinches  for sharing your experience... a big help!
(11-28-2019, 02:51 PM)Bicko Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Bicko Wrote:

Sorted!  I can love my Pinebook Pro again.
I did notice that one of the metal lugs/hooks was bent and there were some scratches near it.  I think it must have had some 'attention' during assembly.
In case anyone else attempts this and would like a hint; you absolutely must separate the keycap from the scissor mechanism first - don't attempt this with the scissor assembly still attached to the keycap (as I did), you haven't got a hope!
Thanks @bolinches  for sharing your experience... a big help!

Happy to hear!

It really seems that those little lower pins get easily loosed, I tried to put it back literally hundreds of times before it hit me that the video was just clicking in while mine was not

EDIT. Good luck with the washing machine ...