Multi USB Hub, with HDMI VGA and PD-port.
I ordered my pinephone, and I am now thinking how to connect extra hardware to this pocket PC.
What I found so far is this (the 6in1 version):

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000183847600.html

The big question, is this going to work with the pinephone?

In the sellers text there are 3 chips mentioned:

RTL5411 (3x USB3-hub)
VL102 (PD-port)
IT6563 (HDMI port)

What to do, ordering it now so I got it hopefully at the same time as the pinephone arrives, or better buy something else?
(11-18-2019, 08:36 AM)Robert_pinephone Wrote: I ordered my pinephone, and I am now thinking how to connect extra hardware to this pocket PC.

RTL5411 (3x USB3-hub)
VL102 (PD-port)
IT6563 (HDMI port)

What to do, ordering it now so I got it hopefully at the same time as the pinephone arrives, or better buy something else?

This device is interesting (also because it seems to provide power) but I would prefer something made specifically for the pinephone, which will probably be less versatile but will also work as a phone stand.

However it might be a good idea to get it, but not knowing compatibility is difficult to know
(11-18-2019, 08:36 AM)Robert_pinephone Wrote: I ordered my pinephone, and I am now thinking how to connect extra hardware to this pocket PC.

RTL5411 (3x USB3-hub)
VL102 (PD-port)
IT6563 (HDMI port)

Hello Robert.

That device looks interesting, as did another on that same page that also includes card readers and an RJ-45 ethernet port.  FWIW, if you're concerned about ordering now in order to get it when your phone comes, Amazon has similar devices at slightly higher prices, that will obviously come more quickly, especially if you have Prime.

Just out of curiosity, do you hope to use the phone as a "convergent" device, ie, to replace your computer, at least for some tasks?

Good luck,

Bill
I ordered this device a few days ago. We will see what arrives first, this device or the pinephone ;-)
I don't want to replace my computer, but I think it's nice to connect extra hardware to my phone, and yes, it can be handy to add a real keyboard and screen to a unix machine, a touchscreen is nice for typing only a few words, not for installing/building/configuring more complicated things.

We will see what is working just out the box for this device...
Alie was faster :-)
Just waiting for the PinePhone to test the device....
In theory any dock that uses usb-c displayport alt-mode for the video ports should work (which most are). The usb3.0 is a bit useless since the usb connection on the PinePhone is only 2.0.

The current kernel doesn't have OTG and video output working yet though so it won't work immediatly.
Thanks for the answer, Martijn.
Is USB-OTG on the postmarketOS todo list?
It's on the list for any distro, it's something that needs to be fixed in the shared kernel repository, once it's fixed there it should magically work in all the distro's
USB OTG while charging was something I wanted for the Nokia N900, but to my knowledge it was not possible. It would be nice to have on the pinephone.

The USB dock was a nice find! Maybe Pine64 would be interested to sell one in their shop?
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
Some developers got sent a usb-c dock to try/make work. I guess that would be sold in the pine64 shop once it works. It's a dock with 2 usb ports, one HDMI port and an ethernet port.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do mouse, keyboard and HDMI not work with 3.th party usb-c adapters? Peter Gamma 3 3,947 03-27-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Multi usb-c adapter from Aliexpress? Peter Gamma 1 1,202 06-13-2022, 09:56 AM
  Gembird USB Typ-C to HDMI has no HDMI output when connected to PinePhone PostmarkedOS Peter Gamma 1 1,302 06-13-2022, 09:53 AM
  Convergance Dock HDMI resolution: bceverly 4 3,769 03-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Last Post: alxtrnr
  Which dock for dual HDMI screen Siltaar 6 6,755 08-13-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: tllim