Brave Heart FCC CE testing?
Please correct me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but has Brave Heart edition Pinephones been through FCC och CE testing? Just curious Smile

Edit: or I'll just wait for the phone to arrive and I can just look at the back of the phone for a mark Smile
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(11-18-2019, 06:10 AM)murak Wrote: Please correct me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but has Brave Heart edition Pinephones been through FCC och CE testing? Just curious Smile

Edit: or I'll just wait for the phone to arrive and I can just look at the back of the phone for a mark Smile

We plan to start the PinePhone FCC and CE around mid of December, this process takes about 3-4 weeks. Please note that FCC and CE test on smartphone is very expensive (more than USD $50K) and we need to make sure just needs to do one time. The PinePhone not only perform FCC test but also needs to have FCC ID. However, the Quectel LTE module that uses in PinePhone already has passed its own FCC and CE.
(11-24-2019, 09:58 PM)tllim Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 06:10 AM)murak Wrote: Please correct me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but has Brave Heart edition Pinephones been through FCC och CE testing? Just curious Smile

We plan to start the PinePhone FCC and CE around mid of December, this process takes about 3-4 weeks. Please note that FCC and CE test on smartphone is very expensive (more than USD $50K) and we need to make sure just needs to do one time. The PinePhone not only perform FCC test but also needs to have FCC ID. However, the Quectel LTE module that uses in PinePhone already has passed its own FCC and CE.

That sucks. Hopefully it goes well!
Is there a CE symbol on the Modem when i remove the back?
I am asking in case I have to talk with customs and need arguments why it can be imported into the EU.
(01-17-2020, 02:42 AM)vicky Wrote: Is there a CE symbol on the Modem when i remove the back?
I am asking in case I have to talk with customs and need arguments why it can be imported into the EU.

Yes, see the picture of a developer version phone in the wiki.

If that doesn't resolve issues then say "engineering sample". You want to switch it on and prove that it can only run test software and can't actually make a call.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware Testing Tools Query NeutralGrey 3 3,566 09-18-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Changes from Brave Heart to final production run hnaguski 9 10,090 03-11-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Gobelin
  Brave Heart Not Vibrating? hnaguski 0 1,639 02-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: hnaguski
  Brave Heart Edition Pre-orders Rocky-IV 2 3,703 10-30-2019, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tllim