LAN/NIC problem
(12-16-2016, 09:05 PM)tllim Wrote:
(12-16-2016, 06:32 AM)Learnincurve Wrote: Have we heard anything from manufacturer yet, regarding the GbE issue on new boards?  Has this finally been fixed?

I'm hoping that the board I ordered this morning will not be affected by the issue.

The GbE issue should has been resolved. The new Android (both Pine64 and Ayufan) and Ubuntu builds have been released. Please download and check out.

I wasn't fully aware of this issue to begin with, as I just recently started playing with my Pine64 again.  I'll try the latest Android 6.0 release this evening, but I did get this issue with the latest RemixOS release available on the wiki: 20170105.
(01-17-2017, 01:55 PM)DrunkTank Wrote:
(12-16-2016, 06:32 AM)Learnincurve Wrote: Have we heard anything from manufacturer yet, regarding the GbE issue on new boards?  Has this finally been fixed?

I'm hoping that the board I ordered this morning will not be affected by the issue.

The GbE issue should has been resolved. The new Android (both Pine64 and Ayufan) and Ubuntu builds have been released. Please download and check out.

I wasn't fully aware of this issue to begin with, as I just recently started playing with my Pine64 again.  I'll try the latest Android 6.0 release this evening, but I did get this issue with the latest RemixOS release available on the wiki: 20170105.

Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking.  I thought I downloaded the latest version of RemixOS, but it actually was an older build from 2016.
(01-18-2017, 07:57 PM)DrunkTank Wrote:
(01-17-2017, 01:55 PM)DrunkTank Wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking.  I thought I downloaded the latest version of RemixOS, but it actually was an older build from 2016.
Noted, tyhe new build should alraedy have the GbE Tx/Rx delay parameter fine tuned.
Thumbs Up 
(01-20-2017, 02:45 PM)tllim Wrote: Noted, tyhe new build should alraedy have the GbE Tx/Rx delay parameter fine tuned.

The new build works great so far.  Cool
heres the patch I was talking about (and have been mentioning for months btw) ....Graperain needed it first to fix their 6818 boards iirc
==> it 'fakes' auto-negotiations so they become master for sure , which made the a20 board behave stable :S
net: phy: Optionally force master mode for RTL PHY
sunxi: 6818-Graperain-SOM-EVB: Force 8211CL to master
sunxi: 6818-Graperain-Lime2: Force 8211CL to master
this is more of a question. I have recently connected my Pine64 to a switch instead of connecting it directly to router and noticed that the green light started  to blink slowly(every 2-3 seconds) instead of solid green. I tried a different cable and different ports on the switch but the same result. Does it mean my nic is going bad or it is something else. any help will be appreciated.
(06-15-2017, 06:04 PM)ubuntuGuy Wrote: this is more of a question. I have recently connected my Pine64 to a switch instead of connecting it directly to router and noticed that the green light started  to blink slowly(every 2-3 seconds) instead of solid green. I tried a different cable and different ports on the switch but the same result. Does it mean my nic is going bad or it is something else. any help will be appreciated.

The green led steadily blinking is an indication of GbE link... solid on is 100M Wink AFAIK there is no official convention... different manufacturers like to do different things to keep us all guessing Wink
(06-16-2017, 02:04 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 06:04 PM)ubuntuGuy Wrote: this is more of a question. I have recently connected my Pine64 to a switch instead of connecting it directly to router and noticed that the green light started  to blink slowly(every 2-3 seconds) instead of solid green. I tried a different cable and different ports on the switch but the same result. Does it mean my nic is going bad or it is something else. any help will be appreciated.

The green led steadily blinking is an indication of GbE link... solid on is 100M Wink AFAIK there is no official convention... different manufacturers like to do different things to keep us all guessing Wink

thanks for the info