Citrix Receiver / ICAClient install for armhf
Occasionally I have a need to use Citrix Receiver / ICAClient for Linux. (I don't have MS-Windows or Macs at home.) My AMD Ryzen, (sorry I used profanity :-), under Gentoo Linux does work with Citrix ICAClient. Had to fuss with the install, as ICAClient wanted an older version of some library. But I was not downgrading my system for it. I simply put in a soft-link from the old name to the installed version. Worked perfectly after that.

Now it was time to see if Citrix ICAClient would work for my Pinebook Pro.

Turns out Citrix assumes that any "64" output from "uname -m" means it's x86_64. Silly, since the default OS image uses "aarch64" for ARM64. Here is the section of code from the installer script, "setupwfc";

Code:
              # We use uname -m to report processor type. If we
              # see 64 we assume a 64 bit Intel processor, if we see
              # 86 we assume a 32 bit Intel processor
              if uname -m | grep 64 2>&1 >/dev/null ;then
                  PLATFORM=linuxx64
                  DISP_PLATFORM="Linux (x64)"

I tried a simple edit of that script, but the install script seems to call "uname" in a sub-script. So, I did the most expediant thing, temporarily replaced "uname" with a script that gives the correct output;
Code:
root@Debian-Desktop:/bin# mv uname uname.orig
root@Debian-Desktop:/bin# echo '#!/bin/bash
#
if [ ${#} -eq 0 ]; then
   echo "Linux"
elif [ ${#} -eq 1 ]; then
   if [ "${1}X" = "-mX" ]; then
       echo "armhf"
   elif [ "${1}X" = "-sX" ]; then
       echo "Linux"
   elif [ "${1}X" = "-aX" ]; then
       echo "Linux Debian-Desktop 4.4.196 #1 SMP Tue Oct 15 16:54:21 EDT 2019 armhf GNU/Linux"
   fi
fi
exit 0' >uname
root@Debian-Desktop:/bin# chmod a+rx uname
Now the install worked perfect and I was able to test Citrix receiver / ICAClient, it works fine.

Don't forget to back out your "uname" change after installing Citrix receiver / ICAClient;
Code:
root@Debian-Desktop:/bin# mv uname uname.citrix
root@Debian-Desktop:/bin# mv uname.orig uname
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
With the above method, I was able to install Citrix ICAClient.  Thanks!  HOWEVER, I could not get pass the initial authentication where it asks for my work email address (before I was asked for ID, password & token).  I tried a new ICAClient installation on a MacBook Pro with Ubuntu Mate 18.04 with no problem.  It seems like ICAClient (armhf) authentication needs to open some ports or something before it can be functional.

I was hoping the PBP can be the go to laptop for my remote to work solution.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!
@SuperUJ sorry, I don't have any clues. Hopefully someone else will.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(12-31-2019, 09:32 AM)SuperUJ Wrote: With the above method, I was able to install Citrix ICAClient.  Thanks!  HOWEVER, I could not get pass the initial authentication where it asks for my work email address (before I was asked for ID, password & token).  I tried a new ICAClient installation on a MacBook Pro with Ubuntu Mate 18.04 with no problem.  It seems like ICAClient (armhf) authentication needs to open some ports or something before it can be functional.

I was hoping the PBP can be the go to laptop for my remote to work solution.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I have the same issue as you. I get an SSL error when I try to add my works server. I looks like an issue with some certificate.
I managed to get one step further by using this site: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo

I only did these 2 steps:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
sudo c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts

After this I was able to add my works server and login to the citrix store (welcoming page) 
But it's not responding very well and I can not open the desktop. 

to be continued....

Update: I'm testing this again right now and it works. Didn't do anything about it, maybe some updates or reboots did the trick.
Has anyone gotten this to work for Manjaro? I tried installing the Armhf from the tarball running the setup script but was told the package didn't contain a version for my PC. I did the uname swap that @Arwen  suggested but still the same message.
(03-26-2020, 05:31 AM)swulff Wrote: Has anyone gotten this to work for Manjaro? I tried installing the Armhf from the tarball running the setup script but was told the package didn't contain a version for my PC. I did the uname swap that @Arwen  suggested but still the same message.

That's because the Citrix package is compiled for armhf and not for aarch64. Like in x86 land, the latest ARM processors have two "modes": 32bit (x86, armhf) and 64bit (x86_64, aarch64). Unfortunately, software vendors seem to repeat the same fuss we had when rolling out x86_64 with the ARM architecture.

Manjaro runs an aarch64 kernel with aarch64 user land (see uname -a and file /bin/ls) while the debian/ ubuntu builds for the pbp run an aarch64 kernel with armhf userland (afaik). No armhf user land, no Citrix Undecided
(04-09-2020, 10:37 PM)mfritsche Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 05:31 AM)swulff Wrote: Has anyone gotten this to work for Manjaro? I tried installing the Armhf from the tarball running the setup script but was told the package didn't contain a version for my PC. I did the uname swap that @Arwen  suggested but still the same message.

That's because the Citrix package is compiled for armhf and not for aarch64. Like in x86 land, the latest ARM processors have two "modes": 32bit (x86, armhf) and 64bit (x86_64, aarch64). Unfortunately, software vendors seem to repeat the same fuss we had when rolling out x86_64 with the ARM architecture.

Manjaro runs an aarch64 kernel with aarch64 user land (see uname -a and file /bin/ls) while the debian/ ubuntu builds for the pbp run an aarch64 kernel with armhf userland (afaik). No armhf user land, no Citrix Undecided

Well install Citrix for Chrome app in Chrome. Works perfectly well for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Install Tow-Boot on the SPI Shad0w 12 7,569 09-03-2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Spamiswak
  How to install Ubuntu to eMMC and to install KDE (Neon) Wizzard 66 97,654 12-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Video : How to install Armbian Reforged and set it up on PineBookPro / Gaming image NicoD-SBC 0 2,719 11-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Last Post: NicoD-SBC
  Tinkering with docker-chromium-armhf to use any armhf program e.g. vncviewer wrzomar 0 2,606 09-30-2020, 02:07 PM
Last Post: wrzomar