Pine Phone cases and accessories
(11-16-2019, 02:04 PM)bcnaz Wrote: When will we be able to purchase cases and other accessories for our Pine Phones  ?

I remember reading that the proceeds from the cases will go to the community....

The previously mentioned keyboards may be nice for some users.  ?

Some screen protectors would also be  very nice item to have.

*  I realize it may be a while but a projected estimate would be nice.

Personally I would really like a pouch type case,  that goes on the belt.

ADD :

Every 'SMART' phone I have owned so far, has wound up with a cracked or shattered screen....
 It is cheaper to replace the phone than have the screen replaced..!
SO  Perhaps a Screen Protector should be number one ?
Though my Iphone screen cracked even with the screen protector installed.

Perhaps the Pine Store will be bringing out a line-up of Pine phone cases after the Brave Heart Rush  ?

and a line of other accessories for the phone ?

Or  Perhaps an affiliated Store  ?

The proceeds from case sales  will be going for a good cause...  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
What if the PinePhone cases had a small hole in the back (say 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch) for any I2C peripherals, e.g. a better camera or a fingerprint reader? It shouldn't pose a problem to the phone itself. A lot of iPhone cases have a small hole just to display the Apple logo.
  I do like the "soft case" that is currently being offered in the Pine Store.
    That should make it less slippery to hold in the hand and help a bit for minor 'drops'.

However,  I would also like to safely store my phone in a case that attaches to my belt.
    and preferably with a snap type closure or cover to keep it inside.
       That would keep the phone safe but handy on the belt.

It would stay in the enclosure,  while riding bicycles, motorcycles, horses....   or going up a ladder...
   could play with the kids or grand kids without the phone falling out and getting damaged !

I am thinking something that would likely retail about $30 USD
   so it could be usable, durable, affordable protection.

Leather or  vinyl  most likely.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I made this a while back. I would definitely pay around $30 if PINE64 would make something like this properly.
 Perhaps someone could suggest some existing phone holder/cases for other phones that are already available ?

I really do not like to carry my phone in my shirt or pants pocket

Would like one that attaches securely to my belt, and I would open the case and lift out the phone.

Thank you.!

Exclamation
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
For all who look for a pouch style case, I just received mine.

It is handmade in Latvia and fits the PinePhone extremely well, also the quality of materials and workmanship is very very good.
(this is now my second case from them, my first was for an iPhone SE 1st gen. and that is still holding up very well and that phone is my daily driver for 4 years now)

It retails at £14 on amazon and can be customized to your hearts content. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084C2T3TC/
(I am not affiliated to this company in any way, just a happy customer)

That looks like a very fine case,  although I do not see any provision to attach that to my belt ?

If a person keeps their Pine phone in their purse or a knapsack or a backpack this looks perfect.

It does look 'attractive' for sure.

It does look like it will add to the 'bulk' size of the phone,
so this combination probably will not fit into a pants pocket.?

Thank you for sharing these photos  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I bought this one from Amazon and it fits just about perfectly. It has a small accessory pouch and can attach to a belt either vertically or horizontally:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0PV1SS
Hello,

I've bought this : https://www.gsm55.com/ref/11641-housse-e...-noir.html
Not usable with a belt but a pocket.
The phone is very high, so the silicone frame must be slightly tired to take a picture. For the rest : good.
My Pine Phone KB, case and Glass showed up today, was ordered on Jan 29th, they look fine, a bit "sad" at the size of the KB, I'd have liked a smaller one, however, it looks sweet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,448 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case undata 5 2,302 10-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Seeking your experiences: PinePhone in snug cases of other phones mycycles 8 2,817 02-06-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: mycycles
  Pine phone keyboard ? bcnaz 66 42,796 12-27-2022, 05:13 AM
Last Post: hlaube
  PinePhone Keyboard on other phone/over USB Dakkaron 1 1,902 10-20-2022, 03:47 AM
Last Post: svenh
  KB: Phone not/barely charging from power supplies when keyboard is not full Phalio 12 7,288 04-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Phalio
  phone keyboard as generic usb keyboard? heocb 1 1,790 01-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Last Post: VaZso
  Anyone have bluetooth headset working (for phone)? TRS-80 21 19,925 11-19-2021, 09:37 AM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Pine 64 Pinepower PowerSupply "fault" Lordere 0 1,674 05-23-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Lordere
  Alternative Compatible Cases for the PinePhone? Trizzle 2 3,370 02-12-2021, 03:57 PM
Last Post: kqlnut