What are your Braveheart hopes, fears & objectives?
I also have some high hopes,

However : To Meet some of your expectations Maybe you should wait for the March Release.

ON THE PAGE you order from it states this phone, the Brave Heart Edition is "for developers"

I believe the hardware is or may be close to ready, but obviously the software developers are still working getting a Good Operating System up and running.

I Hope I can make my Brave Heart work,
BUT I purchased it more with the HOPE that it will help the Linux phone arena advance.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
For me it's all about being in control. To feel that the hardware is mine.

Obvious things to do calls/sms the rest will come in time.

I'm not a dev in anyway but look forward to seeing this platform grow. I'll test and contribute as much as i can.
Once I manage to get my hands on one of these, I'll do my best to get CentOS on there. I work in IT and having native ssh in my pocket would be huge. It'd also be great to try and get a Plex server compiled on there to replace my old Windows vm with something other than a NUC or whatever.

Plus, I just think this really sounds like a fun project and I love a good challenge Smile
(01-17-2020, 05:26 PM)nora Wrote: I work in IT and having native ssh in my pocket would be huge.

Right, especially when some kind of keyboard appears for Pinephone in 2020.
(Bluetooth keyboards may also work but one attached to the phone is definitively much better.)
Because LineageOS already offers a google free experience on decent Hardware,
The main thing I hope the pinephone can provide is open drivers (blob free).
At GSM mesh network would be an awesome development.
More realistically just a cheap phone that works is something the market generally lacks.
End-to-end encrypted communications just to drive the NSA nuts. Pidgin encryption should work for messaging but would be nice if voice calls could be secured from government eavesdropping too.

You can never have too much privacy in the post-inside-job world we're living in. Tongue
Greetings all!

Objective: I've been using Sailfish OS as my daily driver for 2 years or so now (currently on Xperia XA2). Having come across this project the ethos is very appealing and looks like a good opportunity to experiment with other distros to see if anything can improve on my current SFOS experience.

Hopes: Firefox (currently run via Alien Dalvik on SFOS), some means to run my Android banking app (Monzo), Nextcloud sync for Calendar, Contacts, Photos, Videos, Notes, decent GPS performance and mapping/run tracker apps.

Fears: none really. I can't imagine this won't be a fun endeavour and unlike some other projects the price allows this to fit the secondary/tinkering phone slot initially.

Matt
1. With the Pinephone, I'll hopefully be the coolest guy in my neighbourhood
2. Getting a Pinephone became a political statement – maintaining freedom and privacy. Everybody should buy one, to grow the critical mass for such a device and encourage developers
3. I'm a frickler, so I'm expecting big fun with that new pocket laboratory. I want it to do calls, import contacts an d calendars (webdav), do a little browsing and streaming.
No support from pine64 team for Debian. Sorry for that words, but it is sad true... Debian it is taboo subject here, for now. No even hardware documentation with names, pinouts, proposed values - public. These information are strictly allowed only for some close team. Yes, You can always use some of super-duper (super slow) OS like Ubuntu, Nano, or whatever, but don't count any details for build Your own Device Tree Structure for PinePhone. These is really piss off situation.
(02-21-2020, 01:33 PM)j23 Wrote: No support from pine64 team for Debian. Sorry for that words, but it is sad true... Debian it is taboo subject here, for now. No even hardware documentation with names, pinouts, proposed values - public. These information are strictly allowed only for some close team. Yes, You can always use some of super-duper (super slow) OS like Ubuntu, Nano, or whatever, but don't count any details for build Your own Device Tree Structure for PinePhone. These is really piss off situation.

Go troll somewhere else
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone braveheart (+ Pinebook Pro) for sale (UK, London) chaoskampf 2 1,813 02-14-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: chaoskampf
  Braveheart wrote blank sd to eMMC soy 1 2,267 06-18-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: TfromTexas
  Braveheart PinePhone Mainboard Upgrade bridadan 1 2,350 11-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: LazLong
  Pinephone Braveheart UBIPORTS for sale blarbles 0 1,658 09-02-2020, 10:07 AM
Last Post: blarbles
  Pinephone Braveheart edition for sale from Canada Mangled 0 1,813 07-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Mangled
  Braveheart edition for sale in CZ/EU stellirin 1 2,682 07-08-2020, 01:31 AM
Last Post: I.V.
  BraveHeart back case cracking Beattie 25 27,647 06-18-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: nas
  Next Pinephone Wish List and BraveHeart Feedback Starlord 0 2,019 02-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Starlord
  Braveheart Reorder? cmoadmin 0 1,593 02-19-2020, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cmoadmin
  Braveheart Pics and Initial thoughts hockleyj 0 1,740 02-03-2020, 10:16 PM
Last Post: hockleyj