Using a v2.1 SSD adapter to fit a 2280 SSD (without trackpad interferance)
Does anyone know for sure if this clearance issue still applies to the ANSI Pinebook Pro models?

The reason I ask is I bought the adapter and received a version 2.1 adapter. I installed it with just the 3 provided screws and from what I can tell it does not interfere with the trackpad at all. It even appears to easily clear the cable for the trackpad. I can click on the trackpad and don't notice any issues.

I guess I am wondering if maybe the height of the standoffs was increased enough to allow proper clearance?

Just hoping for confirmation from someone before I open the box for the SSD and install it. Wink

(01-27-2020, 06:30 PM)appdev46 Wrote: Does anyone know for sure if this clearance issue still applies to the ANSI Pinebook Pro models?  

The reason I ask is I bought the adapter and received a version 2.1 adapter.  I installed it with just the 3 provided screws and from what I can tell it does not interfere with the trackpad at all.  It even appears to easily clear the cable for the trackpad.  I can click on the trackpad and don't notice any issues.

I guess I am wondering if maybe the height of the standoffs was increased enough to allow proper clearance?    

Just hoping for confirmation from someone before I open the box for the SSD and install it.  Wink

Nevermind!  I put it all back together and noticed the interference with trackpad.  

Has anyone tried putting some washers between the adapter board and the standoffs?  I will give that a try if I can find the right washers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a v2.1 SSD adapter to fit a 2280 SSD (without trackpad interferance) - by appdev46 - 01-27-2020, 06:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restoring the OS using the eMMC Adapter xircledev 3 6,836 02-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Thovthe