Wifi not working
My WiFi connects ok, but very slow, like 3Mbps. My iPad side-by-side gets 30Mbps. Does anyone have the same issue too?
(11-14-2019, 09:31 AM)SuperUJ Wrote: My WiFi connects ok, but very slow, like 3Mbps.  My iPad side-by-side gets 30Mbps.  Does anyone have the same issue too?

I switched over from a 5G network to a 2.4G, the problem is solved.  My copy of the PineBook Pro does not seem to like 5G.
After a crash had to start all over.
Started up PBP with SD card Ayufan Ubuntu-mate image
all is well,
update and upgrade via wifi
EMMC boot partition is still present
mount my SSD drive,
copy root file system from SD card tot the SSD partition.
Reboot. All is well except Wifi
Tried all topics in this thread, no luck yet......
(12-09-2019, 08:04 AM)hdk Wrote: After a crash had to start all over.
Started up PBP with SD card Ayufan Ubuntu-mate image
   all is well,
   update and upgrade via wifi
   EMMC boot partition is still present
   mount my SSD drive,
   copy root file system from SD card tot the SSD partition.
Reboot. All is well except Wifi
   Tried all topics in this thread, no luck yet......

I've tried just about everything too. Mine holds wifi for just about exactly 5min after each reboot then dies.

Not sure if you saw that the manjaro wifi firmware is here and a newer version:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/tsys/pinebook...aster/brcm

I tried to replace the firmware on my system (according to what I discussed in the 'trackpad update' thread) but I'm not sure if I did it correctly - maybe this could help you. I'll have another fiddle myself when I have more time and let all know if I find a fix.

I have a hunch that some machines have bad wifi chips or are overheating. I opened my pinebook up and the antenna was connected properly to the card, so kind of out of options at this point
Found the problem:
MetworkManager was not running.
$ sudo NetworkManager
$ nmcli r(adio) all on

Why NetworkManager stopped is not clear.
Possible causes of the wifi trouble:
1. Find out if necassery services have been masked without your approval, NetworkManager and possible Power or Cups.
2. Since Ubuntu 18.04 you have to choose between NetworkManager and Netplan.
(12-10-2019, 12:50 AM)hdk Wrote: Possible causes of the wifi trouble:
1. Find out if necassery services have been masked without your approval, NetworkManager and possible Power or Cups.
2. Since Ubuntu 18.04 you have to choose between NetworkManager and Netplan.

I'd suggest you start a new thread as the problem became very different (installation of different distributrion) than that first described with the base installation.
I installed Manjaro and my wifi was working fine. I switched back to Debian and Ubuntu images, wifi is not working anymore. It just shows 'disconnected'. I do not see any networks. I booted Manjaro again, and the wifi is working fine there. Any help? Is the firmware of the wifi flashable? Can I flash it myself?
I had some 5 ghz wifi issues initially on both debian and manjaro, but then manjaro seemed to start working quite well. On checking the logs I noticed that the regulatory region was not being set on manjaro, when I fixed that the problems returned. checking the iw reg data on the pbp against the channels offered on the (at least six years old) router I noticed that there were only two channels in common between the two devices, when I changed the router from "auto" select to only work on one of the channels in common (36) all my problems went away. This is probably becuase the router uses the old 802.11 an standard whereas the pbp is 802.11 ac. So if anyone has these kind of issues, It might be worth looking at what channels your router is using.
It tells me global, I'm in Europe. I guess this is a channel mismatch?
I tried changing the regulatory region, doesn't work...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 748 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  USB 3 port not working with Armbian zaius 3 723 11-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: zaius
  Camera not working with Cheese cypresstwist 1 1,167 08-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez
  Unable to install Debian Bullseye because of missing wifi firmware Pino64 7 3,829 07-15-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: u974615
  5GHz wifi not working snorwood 11 5,259 01-16-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: ehcorn
  Pinebook Pro wifi not working Queliffrel 1 1,234 11-30-2022, 06:30 AM
Last Post: myself600
  WiFi stopped on Pinebook Pro after update tkudog 3 2,473 11-24-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: tkudog
  Archlinux - missing firmware for wifi adapter RudderDuck 9 4,374 11-07-2022, 04:56 PM
Last Post: wgahnagl
  Resume from suspend not working after flashing Tow-Boot to SPI xp19375 3 1,864 10-31-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Webcam not working in Manjaro with Cheese, but works in Armbian petaramesh 1 1,031 09-30-2022, 10:09 AM
Last Post: crazyquark