Temperature
My battery is no more than 20C environmental temperature.
CPU is max 41C.
(11-13-2019, 12:00 AM)hdk Wrote: My battery is no more than 20C environmental temperature.

VoxUnius already told you there is no proper temperature sensor in the battery. The battery driver is faking the temperature to 18.8 degree Celsius in include/linux/power/cw2015_battery.h

Code:
#define VIRTUAL_TEMPERATURE        188

Our battery driver is quite dumb hardcoding values which are not fixed but need to be retrieved from the battery. This hardcoding makes the battery look better to users than it is:

The heath of the battery is hardcoded to "good" and the last full charge (which degenerates over time) is hard-coded to always the same value 98.
Thanks for the clarification.
I sense the battery myself and I use a thermometer.
For CPU and GPU is use a script.
Anyone here knows how to change libsensors config to incorporate this?
I am using Ubuntu Mate and the scripts given earlier in the thread. I see the values changing over time but it is always very close from the temperature of the CPU/GPU.
(11-13-2019, 03:33 AM)mfritsche Wrote: Anyone here knows how to change libsensors config to incorporate this?

AFAIK, libsensors works on hwmon devices. The two soc sensors are not hooked up to the hwmon API. You can do with this patch

http://students.engr.scu.edu/~sschaeck/m...l001.patch

The sensors are then automagically detected by libsensors:

Code:
$ sensors
rk-bat-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +18.8 C  

soc-thermal-virtual-0
temp1:        +42.8 C  (crit = +85.0 C)

gpu-thermal-virtual-0
temp1:        +42.8 C  
(11-15-2019, 12:05 AM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:33 AM)mfritsche Wrote: Anyone here knows how to change libsensors config to incorporate this?

AFAIK, libsensors works on hwmon devices. The two soc sensors are not hooked up to the hwmon API. You can do with this patch

http://students.engr.scu.edu/~sschaeck/m...l001.patch

The sensors are then automagically detected by libsensors:

Code:
$ sensors
rk-bat-virtual-0
temp1:        +18.8 C  

soc-thermal-virtual-0
temp1:        +42.8 C  (crit = +85.0 C)

gpu-thermal-virtual-0
temp1:        +42.8 C  
Never patched a kernel before.
Will you point me to a tutorial or howto?
(11-17-2019, 10:39 AM)hdk Wrote: Never patched a kernel before.
Will you point me to a tutorial or howto?

Compiling the kernel for the Pinebook Pro is, ehm, different than what one would expect. My Pinebook Pro review has a section on compiling the kernel (click on the website icon below).

My tutorial assumes you know what you are doing and omits certain steps such as how to apply a patch, the need to remount /boot writeable before installing the kernel or pointing out to ensure /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf points to the right kernel and device tree.

It's perhaps a good idea you know how to recover from an unbootable eMMC card (boot Linux from SD and fix/undo things in the /boot directory of the eMMC card).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your SOC temperature? Der Geist der Maschine 3 5,471 01-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Last Post: wasgurd