What did you name your Pinebook Pro?
Rainbow 
It's always fun to me to hear about what names people give to their computers. Lots of people have cool naming schemes they like to use, and they're all interesting to learn about.

For my Rockchip-based computers, I've gone with the cliché and used geology-themed names. My Rock64 is named Scoria, which is a word I think is very pretty (and also a type of volcanic rock, which may be a little unfairly pessimistic about its operating temperature). After some deliberation, I decided on Fluorite for my Pinebook Pro, which is a mineral that's always been rather close to my heart. It forms very pretty crystals, comes in a lot of colors, and also prominently involves fluorine, my favorite element.

How about you? Have you selected a cool name for your Pinebook yet?
(11-10-2019, 05:40 PM)diodelass Wrote: It's always fun to me to hear about what names people give to their computers. Lots of people have cool naming schemes they like to use, and they're all interesting to learn about.

For my Rockchip-based computers, I've gone with the cliché and used geology-themed names. My Rock64 is named Scoria, which is a word I think is very pretty (and also a type of volcanic rock, which may be a little unfairly pessimistic about its operating temperature). After some deliberation, I decided on Fluorite for my Pinebook Pro, which is a mineral that's always been rather close to my heart. It forms very pretty crystals, comes in a lot of colors, and also prominently involves fluorine, my favorite element.

How about you? Have you selected a cool name for your Pinebook yet?

No, like the girl in Game of Thrones, It Has No Name =)
I use random names most of the time for my machines. My workstation is Reactor, my mobile workstation is Siobhan, my tablet is Vargtass (Wolfpaw), my Pinebook is Okenland (Supposed to be Ökenland, desert land, but computers generally dont like swedish åäö)..

My gaming rig I'm building i going to be Olivia after a friend that just passed away.
Mine's called Aeolus, after the character in Homer's Odyssey. The Keeper of the Winds Smile Cause it's breezing fast compared to my Pi hahaha
After my workstation got the name Sigma, my laptops have ended up being named after other Megaman X characters.

- The PowerBook G3 that I retired about a decade ago was named Iris, after Zero's poorly-written doomed girlfriend from X4.
- The Thinkpad T60p that replaced it is Axl, after the controversial third playable character added in X7.
- The PineBook Pro that will replace the Thinkpad is Dynamo, after the mercenary from X5 and X6.

My siblings and friends, who replace their computers much more often, already took X and Zero and Alia and Palette and Layer and Double and Signas and even Gate... honestly I can't think of any other character by name who isn't a Maverick or one of the various human Doctors... I guess my next laptop will have to be named either Vile or Vava. :\

Bonus round: my latest round of SBCs have been named after Transformers. The Raspberry Pi 3B+ that someone gave me started with the name Knockout. It was an unstable, unreliable platform for what I wanted to do, so I ended up getting a ROCKPro64 and transferring the software (and the name) over. The Pi got relegated to much lighter duty and took the name Breakdown, which is not only the name of Knockout's closest friend but also a description of what the Pi spent most of its time doing...
Default "pinebookpro" is the best name for my PBP Smile
My PBP is "Maxwell", after "Keith T. Maxwell", the main character in the game "Galaxy on Fire 2". I did this because my ARM cluster's nodes are all named after ships you can own in the game, and one of the primary uses for my PBP is to be the primary machine I use for cluster administration. Keith T. Maxwell is the pilot of all those ships, and the PBP is going to be my primary device to interface with those nodes named after those ships... it seemed like a good fit.
(11-11-2019, 01:09 PM)Wizzard Wrote: Default "pinebookpro" is the best name for my PBP Smile

That's quite close to my hostname pinebook-pro.

PS: It took me some time to realize that I have to set the hostname in /etc/hostname as well as in /etc/hosts!
As it happens all my network devices are named after Great Britian's native trees... and by lucky coincidence pine wasn't already taken.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
I typically go for a ship identifier from the Trek universe. NCC-1701-E, NCC-74656, Delta-Flyer, etc... Have not decided on one yet for this device.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,898 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 166 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,217 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,118 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt