Modkey + arrow keys not registered by xev
Is there any news on this ?
Not that I'm aware of; the firmware update did not change this behavior. I'll probably start stalking lucasz for an answer in the IRC channel soon.
I've opened an issue (#7) on the firmware updater github.

Maybe when we'll have access to the source (Issue #6) I could help looking for a fix.
Same Problem.

I am also really interested in a solution. My shortcuts are roughly organized like this:
- Super key for the Desktop Environment
- Ctrl Key for Standard app shortcuts (a bit of a grey area)
- Alt key for user defined shortcuts in applications

So Super + Arrow keys is used quite a lot.
I can remap but then it clashes with the other layers..

A solution would be really appreciated  Smile
Sorry to be "that guy" but *bump*. I *love* my PineBook Pro except for the fact that I can't move windows around with my usual shortcuts. It sounds like I'm nitpicking but it really does effect the user experience (well, at least my user experience). I wish the source were available - I can't imagine this being a difficult fix to whoever has access to the source.
Some time ago I asked about it on the IRC and someone was telling me the source code is not public but the disassembled binary was fairly easy to reverse engineer... Not something in my range of expertise unfortunately.

I also asked lucasz directly and he suggested testing a firmware version without the privacy switches; I've been busy since, but I guess the proposal died silently.

It's quite frustrating because this is an easily reproducible and tangible issue that does not look too hard to fix (or at least explain).
Happy to report that someone managed to hack the keyboard firmware and fix the issue. I haven't tried it myself yet but a couple of people are reporting it works.

You can find more on the Github issue: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo...r/issues/7
(01-22-2020, 03:20 AM)maldus Wrote: Happy to report that someone managed to hack the keyboard firmware and fix the issue. I haven't tried it myself yet but a couple of people are reporting it works.

You can find more on the Github issue: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo...r/issues/7

I tried it and it works for me. Iso keyboard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  volume keys on armbian pine76 0 1,641 01-23-2021, 08:03 AM
Last Post: pine76