Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
A kernel update has appeared. The sound began to work. Volume function keys also. WiFi also seemed to be more stable. Thanks to the guys from Manjaro Smile
(11-08-2019, 08:36 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Question:  Obviously people are getting output on their powerbook screens, but I am not.  Output is fine through the serial uart; I can log into the initial boot (as root) and set up an account,  which I can then use  (through serial uart) when system reboots,  but there is never any output on the PBP, itself.  It doesn't matter whether I have the serial connection plugged into the headphone jack or not.  Are those of you who are succesfully getting output using  serial uart,(i.e. have switch 9 moved from its default position)?  Are you booting from SD?   

Thanks for any info/help.

I'm having the same issue. eMMC has the default debian, and I'm trying to boot into the Manjaro image off SD card. I'm too lazy to open it up again to turn on UART to check the console so far, however...
For people with display not turning on problems the newer kernel should fix that (there is a workaround for a missing presence detect line).
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
What is the correct keyboard layout for Manjaro? (including all the symbol keys)?
(11-09-2019, 04:18 AM)spikerguy Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 08:36 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Question:  Obviously people are getting output on their powerbook screens, but I am not.{...}
There are some users who have reported this. Thank you for reporting it here. I think this have something to do with the new LCD drivers. We have not found anything for this yet, Once we get some lead on this issue then we will be able to get a solution.

(11-09-2019, 02:20 PM)pawlinski Wrote: A kernel update has appeared. The sound began to work. Volume function keys also. WiFi also seemed to be more stable. Thanks to the guys from Manjaro Smile

Given that without display output it's hard to do the upgrade to the kernel that brings display output, could the manjaro arm team make a new preview image that includes the newer kernel ?

Without having an UART cable, the workaround I managed was chrooting into the SD card from Pinebook Pro's default Debian, and running pacman in this chroot.
(11-10-2019, 09:36 AM)DrYak Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:18 AM)spikerguy Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 08:36 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Question:  Obviously people are getting output on their powerbook screens, but I am not.{...}
There are some users who have reported this. Thank you for reporting it here. I think this have something to do with the new LCD drivers. We have not found anything for this yet, Once we get some lead on this issue then we will be able to get a solution.

(11-09-2019, 02:20 PM)pawlinski Wrote: A kernel update has appeared. The sound began to work. Volume function keys also. WiFi also seemed to be more stable. Thanks to the guys from Manjaro Smile

Given that without display output it's hard to do the upgrade to the kernel that brings display output, could the manjaro arm team make a new preview image that includes the newer kernel ?

Without having an UART cable, the workaround I managed was chrooting into the SD card from Pinebook Pro's default Debian, and running pacman in this chroot.

The LCD output issue is not been fixed in the updated Kernel, The dev's are not able to re-produce it on the developers devices. 
Once they're able to find the issue then there will be an updated release.

UPDATE: I hope there will be a new image release tomorrow which should solve the LCD issue. We had someone test the LCD with the updated kernel.

Thank you for all the support & feedback which helps us improve the built.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(11-10-2019, 03:00 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: What is the correct keyboard layout for Manjaro?

I've had success using the plain simple "UK" with the ISO (european) keyboard.

(11-10-2019, 03:00 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: (including all the symbol keys)?

The pine symbol key is simply a "meta" -key (like the Windows key on other keyboard. Or the "tux" key :-P )
The blue FN functions (volume, etc.) are simply multimedia keys (they are sent as volume commands, etc.)

i.e.: everything should work out of the box.
(11-10-2019, 02:54 PM)DrYak Wrote: The blue FN functions (volume, etc.) are simply multimedia keys (they are sent as volume commands, etc.)

If not, copy /etc/udev/hwdb.d/10-usb-kbd.hwdb from the default debian system to the same location of your Manjaro SD.
(11-10-2019, 02:54 PM)DrYak Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 03:00 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: What is the correct keyboard layout for Manjaro?

I've had success using the plain simple "UK" with the ISO (european) keyboard.

(11-10-2019, 03:00 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: (including all the symbol keys)?

The pine symbol key is simply a "meta" -key (like the Windows key on other keyboard. Or the "tux" key :-P )
The blue FN functions (volume, etc.) are simply multimedia keys (they are sent as volume commands, etc.)

In the Latest Manjaro Built. Not all Function key works. We have added some Manually but its not all. Manjaro ARM Team is working on getting all the Function keys to work out of the box, but this will require more development, time and testing.

Thank You for all the love and support for Manjaro Linux.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.

I upgrade my system and I don't have sound, functions keys or wifi... ;(

Did you touch something else?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 451 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 171 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,126 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,610 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 219 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,921 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,981 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,676 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 295 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 994 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX