Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
Thank you everyone for all the work on this! I just got my pinebook and Manjaro has worked really great for me. Everything is smooth and seems to work better than even the default Mate image.

The only problem I have is with suspend/wake. I only get a blank screen after a lid close. I would love to do anything I can to help resolve the issue.
suspend / resume is a known problem with tsys's patched mainline kernel.

if you have skills in this area please feel welcome to fix this!
Flashed Manjaro to a SD card, loving it. Thank you!
Thumbs Up 
Hey y'all
I've been toying with Manjaro ARM all day and I am digging it. I'm booting it from a MicroSD which is probably why it is a little slower at opening applications overall than stock Debian but it is much smoother.

Other than the known suspend issue I have noticed that:
- When pausing or resuming a YouTube video the speakers pop, like a static discharge or something. It also happened a couple times after I closed the YouTube tab and came back to this forum to post this very reply. It isn't a very big deal but something I felt I should mention.

I am really enamored with my PBPro and will continue distro hopping but Manjaro ARM has just set a very high standard.

Cheers!
Just some guy

(01-26-2020, 01:53 AM)Bushrod Wrote: Hey y'all
I've been toying with Manjaro ARM all day and I am digging it. I'm booting it from a MicroSD which is probably why it is a little slower at opening applications overall than stock Debian but it is much smoother.

Other than the known suspend issue I have noticed that:
- When pausing or resuming a YouTube video the speakers pop, like a static discharge or something. It also happened a couple times after I closed the YouTube tab and came back to this forum to post this very reply. It isn't a very big deal but something I felt I should mention.

I am really enamored with my PBPro and will continue distro hopping but Manjaro ARM has just set a very high standard.

Cheers!

Thank you for trying Manjaro and testing it for us. About the Static discharge issue, we're aware of it and it is something to do with kernel side dtb changes. We're waiting for the kernel dev's to look into it, I agree it is not a big deal but it will be fixed soon (hopefully).

Quote:Manjaro ARM has just set a very high standard.
Thank you once again for appreciating what we do at Manjaro Arm Team.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
I have also been using Manjaro ARM since receiving my Pinebook Pro and am overjoyed with it. It has the best hardware support and addresses the most quirks of this device currently, which is great. I had never used Manjaro or Arch in the past and I've found the experience wholly positive.

Exciting times ahead, thanks for all the hard work!
Hi all. New user of Manjaro ARM on the PineBook Pro.
Is anyone using the USB Ethernet dongle from the Pine64 store? I cannot get mine to work. It lights up ok. But all my attempts to bring up the eth0 interface fail.
Using "ip a" or "ip link" shows it as DOWN. The system loads a r8152 module for the dongle. I was hoping the interface would activate and dhcp would give it an address. Giving eth0 a static address does work, but it is not able to connect to internet through the dongle yet.
Question: Will Network Manager - handle both Wifi and USB Ethernet dongle?

Any suggestions on how to get the dongle working?
(01-31-2020, 03:15 PM)S265 Wrote: Hi all. New user of Manjaro ARM on the PineBook Pro.
Is anyone using the USB Ethernet dongle from the Pine64 store? I cannot get mine to work. It lights up ok. But all my attempts to bring up the eth0 interface fail.
Using "ip a" or "ip link" shows it as DOWN. The system loads a r8152 module for the dongle. I was hoping the interface would activate and dhcp would give it an address. Giving eth0 a static address does work, but it is not able to connect to internet through the dongle yet.
Question: Will Network Manager - handle both Wifi and USB Ethernet dongle?

Any suggestions on how to get the dongle working?

This has been resolved by closer examination of the network cabling. The Dongle is now working.
for those using the KDE version, updates to the Qt libraries should be avoided.
See this topic on the Manjaro forum: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/new-qt5-es2-...shoutherif
Kernel Updates

I installed a small program and that triggered pacman to update the whole system including the kernel. During this process, I realized kernel updates could be handled better:

Kernel updates delete the old modules and so the newly installed modules don't match the running kernel. The running kernel can't now load any further modules. I believe modules should never be deleted by the system (or at least in a much smarter way).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 438 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 165 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,108 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,604 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 212 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,910 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,978 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,604 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 290 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 989 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX