30.91%
Textures or photography
7.27%
Humor
3.64%
55 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skins for the community
YEEEEAAAAAHBOOOOOOOY! I'll see you for beers tonight! (If you're available.)
Awesome work guys, just awesome
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks @Luke ! @krishorne5  and I love making fun stuff, and this was a prime opportunity!

To anyone looking forward to these, be warned, the bottom casing skins do not currently have the screw holes cut out (as you can see in the image.) If we send any out, I'm advising you to install the bottom skin with the panel removed, so you can use a hobby knife or punch to knock them out. This is some impressive vinyl, but the less you have to lift it off the case, the better when it comes to maintaining adhesion. I'll try to fix this in my files, I just need to make the time on the right machine to do it.
They look awesome! Great work! I wantz one... Or a few  Big Grin

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(01-17-2020, 05:21 PM)PakoSt Wrote: They look awesome! Great work! I wantz one... Or a few  Big Grin

We are still in prototyping. We got our PBPs out tonight and figured out a few ways to make these have a more forgiving fitment and easier application for people not used to laying vinyl (99% of the planet.) Stay tuned, skins will be available for you soon!
After getting the prototypes last weekend I was a bit disappointed in my monitor and its misrepresentation of colors regarding the STAR TRAILS design, so per some suggestions from @krishorne5 I gave up on keeping it all vector, and took some pieces into Photoshop. Here is the new version of the design:

[Image: uZahW42.jpg]

I have plans to finish this out as a full skin set, I just haven't gotten there yet.
(01-21-2020, 11:02 AM)tophneal Wrote: After getting the prototypes last weekend I was a bit disappointed in my monitor and its misrepresentation of colors regarding the STAR TRAILS design, so per some suggestions from @krishorne5  I gave up on keeping it all vector, and took some pieces into Photoshop. Here is the new version of the design:

[Image: uZahW42.jpg]

I have plans to finish this out as a full skin set, I just haven't gotten there yet.

This is exactly what I'd like to have on my PBP! Awesome!
This just in: the publicly available skin templates now include holes for the screws on the bottom case. No more exacto/hobby knives required. More clearance around the feet has also been added. Updated files are available at the same links as already provided. The existing skin files will be updated this afternoon.

Also, attached are the current iterations of the star trails full skin. The bottom may see changes in the future, as there was a foreground element I wanted to include, but I forgot what it was. That'll teach me to ideate while drunk.

Last edit on this post, I swear! A poll has been attached to the top of the thread. Help us provide what you want! There's no time limit, and you don't have to follow up your vote with a post, but if you want to expand on your vote(s) then please feel free to post with any details explaining your idea/the skin you'd like to see.

Attached Files
.jpg   pbp__case_palmrest_STARTRAIL.jpg (Size: 110.39 KB / Downloads: 318)
.jpg   pbp_case_bottom_STARTRAIL.jpg (Size: 264.29 KB / Downloads: 292)
.jpg   pbp_case_lid_STARTRAIL.jpg (Size: 249.08 KB / Downloads: 296)
numbers 1,2 are my vote
(01-22-2020, 01:38 PM)tophneal Wrote: This just in: the publicly available skin templates now include holes for the screws on the bottom case. No more exacto/hobby knives required. More clearance around the feet has also been added. Updated files are available at the same links as already provided. The existing skin files will be updated this afternoon.

Also, attached are the current iterations of the star trails full skin. The bottom may see changes in the future, as there was a foreground element I wanted to include, but I forgot what it was. That'll teach me to ideate while drunk.

Last edit on this post, I swear! A poll has been attached to the top of the thread. Help us provide what you want! There's no time limit, and you don't have to follow up your vote with a post, but if you want to expand on your vote(s) then please feel free to post with any details explaining your idea/the skin you'd like to see.

For me - these files you have attached look just great.

Just take my money Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Community Wallpapers tophneal 15 14,387 06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: SpoofyKid
  Just a thank you of creating a community device that makes HW fun again gabeeg 1 2,924 11-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro Community pre-order ending / public pre-order open on 25th Luke 8 12,739 08-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: mjsabby