Crunchy(?) keyboard row
I just got my Pinebook Pro and I noticed the keyboard issues others have already identified, but also that the bottom row of letters feel "crunchy". Noticeably louder click, with a click/crunch feel.
Anyone else getting this? Not sure this is a defect or just need time to bed in.

To be clear, it does not feel like grit/dirt is in there. It also doesn't (yet) seem to prevent the keys being recognized as pressed.

(I also had a scratched screen, but I've submitted a support ticket on that one).

Not feeling quite as excited as I was at first. Software/firmware problems I can deal with, but hardware is much less fun.
I've got one of the arrow keys a bit "stuck" when pressing them occasionally. Didn't bother analyzing the situation much, but I feel like it has a higher chance to happen when I press the left/right edge of the key (~off-centre). Would that match what you're experiencing?
I'm not getting sticking. Just a noticeable difference in the feel of the key and the sound it makes. Sorry to hear that.
Same issue as OP. Especially for the keys Z, C, V, B and N.
Quick update: keys feel a little less obviously different. I'll keep an eye on it, but it doesn't seem to be too problematic.
(11-12-2019, 03:53 PM)sinistermrcream Wrote: Quick update: keys feel a little less obviously different. I'll keep an eye on it, but it doesn't seem to be too problematic.

(ANSI KB) Only my arrow keys feel crunchy, and only if I press toward the bottom edges of them.
[ANSI] I have also noticed this issue, however, in my case it is- rather strangely - intermittent, so I regard this as a mechanical fault. My guess would be chassis-flex. I have noticed that, despite the PBP having a nice chassis, it is still prone to flexing, especially when picked up. On a flat surface, I do not encounter this issue. (Additionally, when I first used my PBP, the keys were also mechanically sticking, but after some use and possibly wear-in they work fine. So this might also be a temporary problem).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard, Trackpad, and USB unresponsive on ANSI PBP SpankyWorks 10 248 01-26-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: SpankyWorks
  Keyboard @ key on pinebook pro bkepley 3 81 01-26-2020, 01:07 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  how to change keyboard layout bsammon 1 66 01-21-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: branon
  Keyboard Loses Focus While typing nomadicoder 6 129 01-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Last Post: mamboman777
  Major keyboard problems! Plz help [email protected] 4 129 01-16-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: chip ling
  PBP ANSI Keyboard Mapping Issue JaredT66 4 299 01-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: biorisk
  Pinebook Pro ANSI keyboard - feedback please! Luke 43 5,592 12-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Last Post: jones
  Wrong keyboard Lay-out in Login and terminal Firedevil79 1 148 12-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Last Post: ndp
  [Temp Post] We have the trackapad/ keyboard firmware Luke 23 2,576 11-22-2019, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke