Universal Power Supply
The power supply consist of the actual power-supply together with a switchable US style plug xor European style plug.

The actual plug looks not very expensive. Would it be possible to ship both plugs or offer them at least as a separate order? Having both plugs can be quite useful for international travel.
(11-04-2019, 12:47 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote: The power supply consist of the actual power-supply together with a switchable US style plug xor European style plug.

The actual plug looks not very expensive. Would it be possible to ship both plugs or offer them at least as a separate order? Having both plugs can be quite useful for international travel.

I sure wish there was a UK slide on plug part for it since I now have two of the (EU) fitted Pine wall warts - one for Pinebook and t'other for the Pinebook Pro that both need another "shaver" style adapter for UK mains sockets.

I have come across quite a few of these "universal" wall warts with the slide-on plug part but all of the ones I have come across so far are not interchangeable Sad
Other plugs are available for the adapters on the Pine64 Store. All of the 5V 3A adapters for Rock64, Pinebook, Pinebook Pro, and Pine H64 are the same unit.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(11-04-2019, 04:56 PM)fire219 Wrote: Other plugs are available for the adapters on the Pine64 Store. All of the 5V 3A adapters for Rock64, Pinebook, Pinebook Pro, and Pine H64 are the same unit.

I checked the Pine store - essentially only two 5v 3a PSU "kits" are available...

you have the PSU that was included with the Pinebooks with either US or EU adapter in the store (with both adapters?) for $6.99
you have an "international" PSU with a whole bunch of clip-on plug adapters (including UK) for $8.99

The "international" or even a UK version was never offered with the Pinebooks - is there any possibility of purchasing *just* a pair of UK 3-pin clip-on plug adapter parts?

(I have already got two PSU "bodies" with EU plug adapter which need another 3-to-2 pin adapter plug to use them in UK sockets) Sad
I'm just using my USB 3A fast charger from my smartphone that comes with a USB C cable to charge it. Very handy!

(11-04-2019, 12:47 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote: The power supply consist of the actual power-supply together with a switchable US style plug xor European style plug.

My plastic bag containing the charger was torn and the plug was missing. I was able to get a EU plug from an nearby electronics store, I think they are fairly common.
Result!

Just checked with the Pine sales team and they will sell me a couple of UK slide-on adapters for my Pinebook & Pinebook Pro power units that originally came with EU 2-pin plug parts. I only had a choice of US or EU adapter fitting with the power unit included when ordering the Pinebooks.

A dollar each plus postage. The ten dollar postage is a bit "ouch" but it makes them more usable to me.

Thanks to the sales team Smile
I charge my pbp via the standard power brick with EURO connector plugged into an adapter to a
standard UK wall outlet.  Everything works OK!
However, walking past the machine while it was charging I noticed some mark/dust on the cover
and idly wiped a finger over the case.  To my surprise, it felt as if the lid was corrugated - I then checked
by turning the mains socket off and noticed that the sensation disappears.
Has anyone else experienced this?  Are there any safety implications?
I do have a safety certificate for the electrics but from 2001.
(04-03-2020, 02:55 AM)giav Wrote: I charge my pbp via the standard power brick with EURO connector plugged into an adapter to a
standard UK wall outlet.  Everything works OK!
However, walking past the machine while it was charging I noticed some mark/dust on the cover
and idly wiped a finger over the case.  To my surprise, it felt as if the lid was corrugated - I then checked
by turning the mains socket off and noticed that the sensation disappears.
Has anyone else experienced this?  Are there any safety implications?
I do have a safety certificate for the electrics but from 2001.

No safety implications there, that's fairly common with devices that have a metal case if they're plugged into a socket without an earth connection. It feels weird but doesn't pose a risk to you or the pbp.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockable-until-power-cycle persistent storage Melab 0 666 09-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Melab
  power on Pinebook Pro mainboard without keyboard? papable 0 786 07-20-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: papable
  When does Pinebook Pro power LED go on? Bram 0 576 03-14-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bram
  Doesn’t power on after flashing emmc badguru 3 1,138 02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: badguru
Heart Now better battery life or power management? KC9UDX 5 2,159 09-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Replacement Power Cord recommendation? nathanielwheeler 3 3,206 01-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  power light blinking during charge when pbpro is off Idaho 0 1,756 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Idaho
  Taming the power switch? ab1jx 4 4,760 11-30-2020, 10:57 PM
Last Post: rimaille
  Power consumption and suspend to ram robt 33 42,114 11-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: wdt
Exclamation Seemingly lost power permanently now /cry jimsurvak 2 3,009 11-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak