Pinebook Pro Fingerprint Magnet
Thumbs Up 
I and a lot of other fine folks have noted that my/their beautiful black precious Pro seems to be a magnet for finger prints and smudges.
Only subtle mind, not blatant, however inquiring minds have to ask...

Any suggestions for the best and safest way to clean the case to remove fingerprints and smudges?
A clean damp cloth (not anywhere near dripping wet!) is usually a safe bet.
As for myself, i'm so happy with it i'll just be turning a blind eye. :-)
Would be cool to have someone design a skin for it (kind-of like a dbrand self adhesive foil) ... open source of course, so others could print it locally for themselves Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-02-2019, 05:52 PM)Luke Wrote: Would be cool to have someone design a skin for it (kind-of like a dbrand self adhesive foil) ... open source of course, so others could print it locally for themselves Smile

Any Pine logo stickers on the horizon?
:-)
(11-02-2019, 05:54 PM)Watercourse Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 05:52 PM)Luke Wrote: Would be cool to have someone design a skin for it (kind-of like a dbrand self adhesive foil) ... open source of course, so others could print it locally for themselves Smile

No clue why they didn't include any with the shipments :/ probably due to the rush to get the units out the door ... simply slipped their mind.

(11-02-2019, 06:03 PM)Luke Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 05:54 PM)Watercourse Wrote:

No clue why they didn't include any with the shipments :/ probably due to the rush to get the units out the door ... simply slipped their mind.

I will not complain about that by any means.  :-)
Who here is good with graphics? Maybe we can find a vinyl printer and go that route for skins? Just have a job file available and get the skin printed that way.
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
A friend and I were discussing this while nerding out over the PBP last night!

We both happen to work in the graphics industry, and he has direct access to vinyl printers. I'll raise this with him next time I see him. (I'd ask him to chime in here, but his verification email is not making it to him, if there's someone he can reach out to please let me know. He's excited to jump into Pine.)

Are there any resource files that can be provided for the case pieces? It will save us a lot of time if we're able to use existing specs/drawings to create a template.
(11-06-2019, 07:58 AM)tophneal Wrote: A friend and I were discussing this while nerding out over the PBP last night!

We both happen to work in the graphics industry, and he has direct access to vinyl printers. I'll raise this with him next time I see him. (I'd ask him to chime in here, but his verification email is not making it to him, if there's someone he can reach out to please let me know.)

Are there any resource files that can be provided for the case pieces? It will save us a lot of time if we're able to use existing specs to create a template.

PM me his username? I'll activate his profile by hand - perhaps his confirmation email went to spam

(11-06-2019, 08:08 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:58 AM)tophneal Wrote: A friend and I were discussing this while nerding out over the PBP last night!

We both happen to work in the graphics industry, and he has direct access to vinyl printers. I'll raise this with him next time I see him. (I'd ask him to chime in here, but his verification email is not making it to him, if there's someone he can reach out to please let me know.)

Are there any resource files that can be provided for the case pieces? It will save us a lot of time if we're able to use existing specs to create a template.

PM me his username? I'll activate his profile by hand - perhaps his confirmation email went to spam

Done! Thanks, Luke!

I just got some of my weekend free time back recently, so I'm going to try and come up with something interesting and original, but if any other users would like to submit ideas (PMs welcome,) I'm more than open to them. No point making community skins, if they aren't something the community would want.

@krishorne5 do you have any suggestions for a strong, but low tack vinyl we could use for prototyping and fitment?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,902 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 166 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,220 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,121 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt