PinePhone wireless charging?
Will this be possible with an adapter?  Or is there some inherent flaw in wireless charging, e.g. excessive heat ruining the battery?
I have not seen any mention of 'wireless' charging for the Pine phone (yet)....
Not certain if there has even been any 'standards' yet written for universal use of wireless charging.
I believe it is done through a transformer action, the charger has a coil that would be the first half of the transformer, the phone will need a corresponding coil to complete this transformer action. then this 'circut' must be connected to the battery, or the phones charging circutry.
Yes, It would be COOL if the Pine Store could offer such an accessory ! (Eventually)
It could possibly be paper thin, but would likely need to cover some area, such as an inch by three inches (US) or larger to be efficient. Then it would also need to be connected electrically to the phone or battery.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-27-2019, 05:08 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I have not seen any mention of 'wireless' charging for the Pine phone (yet)....
Not certain if there has even been any 'standards' yet written for universal use of wireless charging.
I believe it is done through a transformer action,  the charger has a coil that would be the first half of the transformer,  the phone will need a corresponding coil to complete this transformer action.  then this 'circut' must be connected to the battery, or the phones charging circutry.
 Yes,  It would be COOL if the Pine Store could offer such an accessory !  (Eventually)
It could possibly be paper thin,  but would likely need to cover some area, such as an inch by three inches (US) or larger to be efficient. Then it would also need to be connected electrically to the phone or battery.

I'll be getting a PinePhone.  Still using an Inc2 for calls and a slightly newer DooGee for PlayStore and Google Home.  I bought a replacement back plate for the Inc2 having a charging coil interface to phone board, the phone board having cooresponding mini pogo-pins.  The phone rear cover gets hot and I know that's murder on a battery.  If the charging plate had a fan, the battery might last longer.  I'd be willing to pay more for something that didn't kill batteries.
I Totally understand we are all getting excited waiting for the Pine phone,
> but the actual "consumers" Pine phone does not release until February or March of 2020, maybe even later.
BUT, The Brave Heart edition is being released late this year so some "Brave" persons can help sort it out.
Many of the "Extras" and wish list items may find their way into the phone after it is released next year.
I Enjoy chatting about possibilities for the Pine phone, (but realize,) it needs to actually function first, then later start adding options.

** I Worry some consumers may complain when the Brave Heart edition does not function as a consumers edition **
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-27-2019, 07:38 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  **  I Worry some consumers may complain when the Brave Heart edition does not function as a consumers edition **

So, how might a Brave Heart edition differ from a consumers' edition?  What don't developers need that consumers do?
1) IF you look through the forum, you will see in most of the official posts it says "it is not a consumer version"
2) It does not ship with an installed operating system.
>> Perhaps those kinds of questions should be directed to the sales department, Not forum members ???
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
About Brave Heart: these units will be pretty much identical to the 2020 PinePhones, with the notable exception of antenna tweaks. Since we'll have more time to tweak the antenna on consumer editions, they'll likely be more optimized for reception. Apart from this, we do not expect any other changes.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

In one of your recent posts you had stated a bonus to a delay was you had gotten together with the vendor and tweaked the antenna ?
and
As I understand, the Brave Heart version ships with no operating system, while the consumer version will ship with a choice of tested operating systems ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
There are six pogo pins on the PinePhone that reserve for wireless charging option. Once PinePhone getting popular, we will design a new rear case that contains Wireless Q charging circuit and you just needs to pop up the current back case and replace with wireless charging one. However, this will increase the PinePhone thichkness 1-2mm more.

Another plans for the pogo pins expansion are PDA style physical keyboard and larger battery pack.
(10-28-2019, 02:20 PM)Luke Wrote: About Brave Heart: these units will be pretty much identical to the 2020 PinePhones, with the notable exception of antenna tweaks. Since we'll have more time to tweak the antenna on consumer editions, they'll likely be more optimized for reception. Apart from this, we do not expect any other changes.

but will these tweaks on the antenna be "hardware" or "software" and be replicable on braveheart version?

because I'm so impatient to have this phone in my hands that I want to participate in braveheart, I'm not an expert user but I think I'm able to make a dd to install a distro on a sd, but I would not want to run into hardware differences that could cause use problems

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 521 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 157 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 410 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,447 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,737 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,199 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 781 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,602 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,197 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  Using optical drives with Pinephone cdforever 2 1,047 07-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: cdforever