How to get started ? Share you development setup!
Hi!

Cool idea.

As i'm from the espressif sphere, i had to install everything. I did not tested any of the hardware communication yet, but this is for another night.

I'm a GNU/Linux guy, so i'm using a Debian stretch machine.

Software

I followed this guide to install the tools:
https://gustavovelascoh.wordpress.com/20...-on-linux/

Which was quite nice and everything was working fine so far. I was able to compile one of the nordic SDK examples, i guess this is a good sign.

Hardware

Now begins the hardware setup part. As i said, i did not made any test yet, but i did my standard little setup, hoping my cheap STLink will work as attended. 

The devkit is tiny and "watch-sized". So first, i drilled a small hole on the back of the devkit (pictures will soon be added) to pass some 0.3mm enamel wires, which i soldered on the programming pins. On the other side of the 4 wires, i soldered a handy connector, ready to be abused.
Obviously, you have to keep track on which wire goes where.

A tiny piece of tape should keep the wires from being pulled and tugged to hard.

This kind of enamel wire can be sourced from motors, or transformers.

I guess i will attach the connector somewhere neat. I'll keep sharing what's happening here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get started ? Share you development setup! - by larzuk - 10-24-2019, 03:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking to sink my teeth in to development, but need a bit of direction. wilsonjholmes 5 4,497 03-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: danimations