What's the most useful thing......
Hello all,

Wanted to get some input on how I can make my time using the Pinebook Pro most useful at this time.

Currently, I'm using the supplied operating system as though it is my "everyday", working computer. Seems like it might be possible to incorporate more than just everyday use like browsers, music or....
Any thoughts?

Thanks! :-)
(10-23-2019, 04:56 PM)rick1959 Wrote: Currently, I'm using the supplied operating system as though it is my "everyday", working computer. Seems like it might be possible to incorporate more than just everyday use like browsers, music or....
Any thoughts?

If you have programming knowledge, and time on your hands, you may want to help port software to ARM in general, or to the Pinebook Pro in particular. There is always stuff that needs work.

I for myself, if I have the time, will try and help get 64-bit GNU/Linux with a mainline kernel (5.3/5.4) running, using as few proprietary binary blobs as possible. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing really needed in that camp today is the WiFi firmware, everything else is in principle available as free software already.
(10-24-2019, 01:26 AM)dumetrulo Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 04:56 PM)rick1959 Wrote: Currently, I'm using the supplied operating system as though it is my "everyday", working computer. Seems like it might be possible to incorporate more than just everyday use like browsers, music or....
Any thoughts?

If you have programming knowledge, and time on your hands, you may want to help port software to ARM in general, or to the Pinebook Pro in particular. There is always stuff that needs work.

I for myself, if I have the time, will try and help get 64-bit GNU/Linux with a mainline kernel (5.3/5.4) running, using as few proprietary binary blobs as possible. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing really needed in that camp today is the WiFi firmware, everything else is in principle available as free software already.
Thanks for your suggestion!

Alas, I'm not a programmer :-( , but it is very positive to hear about your kernel efforts!
I do try to run release candidates for what value that adds. Seems like both 5.3 & 5.4 kernel s are struggling right now as I find them currently broken as both mainline and RC's.....

I always remain open to suggestions and maybe this will "boot me" to get more experience and training to be of greater service. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I has a thing kunger 18 21,760 10-02-2019, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Lex-2008