Special mid-month update - shipping status of PBP ; PT and PP
(10-19-2019, 07:44 AM)rick1959 Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 07:29 AM)ndp Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:40 PM)Luke Wrote: HI all, I am trying to get a better understanding regarding shipping. Please hang tight, there seems to be a couple of different and unrelated things that may have gone wrong in a very few instances. Its weekend tomorrow - but I hope to get through to someone and get some answers.

Thanks for the update Luke - much appreciated.

(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)rick1959 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:23 AM)ndp Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 07:57 AM)rick1959 Wrote: Where are you located?

I'm in the United Kingdom
Have you considered responding to your PBP invoice to ask what's up? If no soap there, maybe ask Luke what he might know? :-)

I emailed Pine64 sales on Friday with details of my purchase order.

Hopefully I will receive a status update on Monday - Like any other civilised human being, I  do not expect people to work over the weekend.
Civilized human beings....What a concept!! 
On a more serious note, it is clear from looking at my PBP that people throughout the chain, from concept to delivery, genuinely care. Even the DHL pouch was neat and clear...less so when it got to the end of the delivery....
I know it may sound easy for me to say having "got mine", but the PineBook Pro was CLEARLY worth the wait!! And I hope your will inspire you as much as mine did for me :-)

Good to hear you are enjoying your PBP - I have absolutely no doubt that mine will be worth the wait. ;-)

I am thrilled with the work the Pine64 folks are doing and the fine community that is building around them.

I look forward to becoming an active community member as part of my ongoing quest to develop applications and solutions for the ARM platform
(10-19-2019, 08:41 AM)ndp Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 07:44 AM)rick1959 Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 07:29 AM)ndp Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:40 PM)Luke Wrote: HI all, I am trying to get a better understanding regarding shipping. Please hang tight, there seems to be a couple of different and unrelated things that may have gone wrong in a very few instances. Its weekend tomorrow - but I hope to get through to someone and get some answers.

Thanks for the update Luke - much appreciated.

(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)rick1959 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:23 AM)ndp Wrote: I'm in the United Kingdom
Have you considered responding to your PBP invoice to ask what's up? If no soap there, maybe ask Luke what he might know? :-)

I emailed Pine64 sales on Friday with details of my purchase order.

Hopefully I will receive a status update on Monday - Like any other civilised human being, I  do not expect people to work over the weekend.
Civilized human beings....What a concept!! 
On a more serious note, it is clear from looking at my PBP that people throughout the chain, from concept to delivery, genuinely care. Even the DHL pouch was neat and clear...less so when it got to the end of the delivery....
I know it may sound easy for me to say having "got mine", but the PineBook Pro was CLEARLY worth the wait!! And I hope your will inspire you as much as mine did for me :-)

Good to hear you are enjoying your PBP - I have absolutely no doubt that mine will be worth the wait. ;-)

I am thrilled with the work the Pine64 folks are doing and the fine community that is building around them.

I look forward to becoming an active community member as part of my ongoing quest to develop applications and solutions for the ARM platform

YAY!!! :-)
I sent an email to Sales, and here is the reply I received:

Quote:Dear <me>,

Thank you for contacting us. We will dispatch as soon as factory has released to us and update you tracking number after shipped. Estimate will be fulfilled in two weeks.

Feel free to contact us and have a nice weekend!

I guess there's nothing else to do but wait.
(10-19-2019, 09:05 PM)bebop_man Wrote: I sent an email to Sales, and here is the reply I received:

Quote:Dear <me>,

Thank you for contacting us. We will dispatch as soon as factory has released to us and update you tracking number after shipped. Estimate will be fulfilled in two weeks.

Feel free to contact us and have a nice weekend!

I guess there's nothing else to do but wait.

Guess you're fortunate it's only two weeks. Shipping is laser fast. Notified early one day then have it in hand the next. The two weeks will be gone before you know it! :-)
Hi everyone. So yes, this one is on me. Looks like some 15 laptops are yet to be shipped, and will ship later this month (likely with the 2nd batch). I apologize for the confusion - my fault.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(10-20-2019, 07:13 AM)Luke Wrote: Hi everyone. So yes, this one is on me. Looks like some 15 laptops are yet to be shipped, and will ship later this month (likely with the 2nd batch). I apologize for the confusion - my fault.

Please give yourself some credit for making this all work so well in total. :-)
Thumbs up for Luke and the entire team!
This is quite an accomplishment and i am suitably impressed.
The dedication and competence at Pine64 is very cool to see.
(10-18-2019, 08:19 AM)binarian Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 05:02 AM)ndp Wrote: I am also in the first batch of Pinebook Pro orders but still not have received any information from DHL.

Same here.  Upstate NY, USA.

Likewise, nothing here yet in NY.
I'm seriously interested in the PinePhone Brave Heart edition.
As the clock is ticking down (approx. 10 days) before pre-orders are accepted, I don't want to wait last minute to have my queries answered.

Luke (Jedi master) - As I live in Canada will customs duty charges be pre-calculated at checkout in Pine64 store.
What country of origin is PinePhone being shipped from? Hoping/wishing we won't dinged with provincial, federal taxes @ 13% ... As Canadian residents already pay 31% in foreign bank exchange rates

Very much looking forward to open-source control of my data & privacy _ 'Curse you Google'

Thanks
(10-20-2019, 07:13 AM)Luke Wrote: Hi everyone. So yes, this one is on me. Looks like some 15 laptops are yet to be shipped, and will ship later this month (likely with the 2nd batch). I apologize for the confusion - my fault.

We're running out of month, so not much longer to wait.  My question is...

Logistically speaking, what went wrong that all but 15 laptops got shipped?  That seems very random and arbitrary.  I'm asking from a purely "I don't know how manufacturing factories work so I'm curious" standpoint.

And I guess a secondary question, also logistically speaking, is: why can't someone literally carry 15 boxes to a post office?  Is there some policy that forbids that?  Some cultural "that's not how it's done here" sort of thing?

Again, NO idea how bulk shipping from a factory works, so apologies if these are questions that have very obvious answers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 89,976 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,353 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,583 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 167,426 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,087 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,059 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,937 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 147,832 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad
Information August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread Luke 256 375,744 10-27-2020, 11:14 AM
  The PinePhone is real and shipping soon! (September blog update) fire219 20 36,078 09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: fsflover