Use Audiojack instead of HDMI audio
that´s the important part! you have to execute it as "SU", sudo is not enough

Hello .
I tried everything mentioned in previous post but still did not managed to hear sound from my earphones.
I run Debian Mate (3.10.101 BSP) .

Any idea why I can't hear any sound ?
I also have HDMI-VGA convertor with audio output but no sound at all also on this output.
Is my sound card broken or something I am missing ?
Analog sound card is available, I can set it good but no sound again.
When run alsamixer I un muted headphones but i can not change sound volume it is 00 valued
There is screenshots from my situation.
Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE:
Here is some output data:
debian@pine64pro:~$ pactl list cards
Card #0
Name: alsa_card.platform-sound.6
Driver: module-alsa-card.c
Owner Module: 6
Properties:
alsa.card = "1"
alsa.card_name = "audiocodec"
alsa.long_card_name = "audiocodec"
alsa.driver_name = "sunxi_sndcodec"
device.bus_path = "platform-sound.6"
sysfs.path = "/devices/soc.0/sound.6/sound/card1"
device.string = "1"
device.description = "audiocodec"
module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
device.icon_name = "audio-card"
Profiles:
input:analog-mono: Analog Mono Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 1, available: yes)
input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 60, available: yes)
output:analog-mono: Analog Mono Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 100, available: yes)
output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono: Analog Mono Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 101, available: yes)
output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo: Analog Mono Output + Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 160, available: yes)
output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono: Analog Stereo Output + Analog Mono Input (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6001, available: yes)
output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6060, available: yes)
off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
Active Profile: output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
Ports:
analog-input: Analog Input (priority: 10000, latency offset: 0 usec)
Part of profile(s): input:analog-mono, input:analog-stereo, output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono, output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority: 9000, latency offset: 0 usec)
Properties:
device.icon_name = "audio-headphones"
Part of profile(s): output:analog-mono, output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono, output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo

Card #1
Name: alsa_card.platform-sound.7
Driver: module-alsa-card.c
Owner Module: 7
Properties:
alsa.card = "0"
alsa.card_name = "sndhdmi"
alsa.long_card_name = "sndhdmi"
device.bus_path = "platform-sound.7"
sysfs.path = "/devices/soc.0/sound.7/sound/card0"
device.string = "0"
device.description = "sndhdmi"
module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
device.icon_name = "audio-card"
Profiles:
output:analog-mono: Analog Mono Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 100, available: yes)
output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
Active Profile: off
Ports:
analog-output: Analog Output (priority: 9900, latency offset: 0 usec)
Part of profile(s): output:analog-mono, output:analog-stereo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

did you run the pine64_fix_whatever.sh script?
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
No, where I can find it ???
I must say I was digging around asound.state (first I made backup copy) and changing some values manually and I managed to hear static from earphones on analog output on board. Then suddenly after 1-2 restarts I heard sound from HDMI-VGA converter earphones output.
I returned back original asound.state and now I have sound from HDMI-VGA converter.
I read this topic couple of times but looks like I missed some info where to find and run pine64_fix_whatever.sh script .
Regards,
The scripts are in this topic: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=293
(06-29-2016, 12:20 AM)pelgrim Wrote: The scripts are in this topic: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=293

IIRC, you can run it just by going 'sudo pine64_fix_whatever.sh'

btw, since you're on debian, this thread may help you - I was trying to do the same thing on debian and it is working great now. I listed all the commands I used at the bottom of that post.

You may also want to run the kernel and uboot update scripts also if you haven't done so yet...

Quote:Update like this (as root, not sudo!) on any of longsleeps images:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/longsl...e_uboot.sh)
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/longsl..._kernel.sh)
just now re-installed the same image of Leny.
Instead of iceweasel (I removed it) i installed Midori.
I tried the same steps written in this post but no usage at all. I noticed that earphones receive signal but no sound played.
What I noticed is that in previous image when I managed to hear sound from my HDMI converter, Iceweasel suddenly appeared in Pulse audio volume control centre, that means settings in applications tab recognise iceweasel that play media file.
Now, Midori is not registered when playing media, so maybe there is connection for what is obviously happening. There is lost connection between sound preferences, it registration wich program use sound and delivering signal to output (hdmi or earphone on board).
Well, I'm a NOOB and having difficulty. I've tried the earlier commands and gotten nowhere. In mPlayer, VLC and system sound settings, I do see the added analog audiocodec Analog Stereo (1 Output / 2 Inputs, Analog Stereo Output + Analog Mono Input), in the Output tab of Sound Preferences (Ubuntu MATE) but no matter what I select... bubkiss, nada, zippo. Maybe I've got it all horked up... I dunno.

I'm using a Baven BZ650 BT speaker plugged directly into the headphone jack. 

Any more ideas? I do appreciate the expertise and patience of the gurus. Sometimes things are just tougher to grok for the rest of us....
--
regards,
J. Ouellette
    A64-DB-2G-RevB (2016-03-21)
    +WiFi/BT +IR
    Android Lollipop
    Ubuntu/Xenial 16.04LTS/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep (64GB)
    Debian 8.5 (jessie)/MATE 1.8.1/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep (64GB)
(07-15-2016, 06:31 PM)jwouellette Wrote: Well, I'm a NOOB and having difficulty. I've tried the earlier commands and gotten nowhere. In mPlayer, VLC and system sound settings, I do see the added analog audiocodec Analog Stereo (1 Output / 2 Inputs, Analog Stereo Output + Analog Mono Input), in the Output tab of Sound Preferences (Ubuntu MATE) but no matter what I select... bubkiss, nada, zippo. Maybe I've got it all horked up... I dunno.

Any more ideas? I do appreciate the expertise and patience of the gurus. Sometimes things are just tougher to grok for the rest of us....
i updated to the latest kernel and boot.
ran the fix_anything script.
i can see the analog audiocodec (1 output, 1 input) and it detects headphones in the Sound Preferences, but still nothing coming out of the speaker. Even tried my miniamp and studio monitors...nada.
--
regards,
J. Ouellette
    A64-DB-2G-RevB (2016-03-21)
    +WiFi/BT +IR
    Android Lollipop
    Ubuntu/Xenial 16.04LTS/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep (64GB)
    Debian 8.5 (jessie)/MATE 1.8.1/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep (64GB)
(07-16-2016, 03:12 PM)jwouellette Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 06:31 PM)jwouellette Wrote: Well, I'm a NOOB and having difficulty. I've tried the earlier commands and gotten nowhere. In mPlayer, VLC and system sound settings, I do see the added analog audiocodec Analog Stereo (1 Output / 2 Inputs, Analog Stereo Output + Analog Mono Input), in the Output tab of Sound Preferences (Ubuntu MATE) but no matter what I select... bubkiss, nada, zippo. Maybe I've got it all horked up... I dunno.

i updated to the latest kernel and boot.
ran the fix_anything script.
i can see the analog audiocodec (1 output, 1 input) and it detects headphones in the Sound Preferences, but still nothing coming out of the speaker. Even tried my miniamp and studio monitors...nada.

Ok, so you've got the latest kernel and uboot. Did you try the commands I used in this thread? They were the commands I needed to get audio working on my debian image. Essentially what you are doing is installing the required audio packages, making sure the required drivers are enabled, fixing up the audio mixer, ensuring the current user actually has audio access privileges, and rebooting to get everything up and running. 

Code:
sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio

sudo su

cat <<EOF >/etc/modules-load.d/pine64-audiojack.conf
sunxi_codec
sunxi_i2s
sunxi_sndcodec
EOF

exit

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image/master/blobs/asound.state

sudo mv asound.state /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

sudo usermod -a -G audio username

sudo reboot now

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +LTS/SOPINE Audio Jack Pinout Little_Johnny 0 2,982 12-29-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Pine64 (analog) Audio Jack Output w/ Kernel 4.19 ecolezen 0 3,057 01-24-2019, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ecolezen
  PINE64 STEREO AUDIO DAC POT jtgiroux 0 3,142 01-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jtgiroux
  Sound quality from audio jack devanl 0 3,247 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: devanl
  Audio Extractor Ralck 1 4,452 05-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Using the pine64 with AVR - HDMI pass-through Moshe.Vazan 4 6,087 01-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Moshe.Vazan
  HDMI touch screen not detected Radio 2 4,558 09-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Luke