Development Environment on the Pinebook Pro
(10-11-2020, 02:05 PM)slyecho Wrote: Visual Studio Code now supports ARM 32 and 64-bit, so we don't need these custom builds any more. Well, if you care about the telemetry you would but not me personally.

The reason I switched to the official build is that the extension store has Microsoft's extensions available.

I was really surprised how well it was working, even the C/C++ extension is fully wokring in Manjaro ARM!

OK but... How do I install them on the Stock Manjaro? They seem to offer .debs and .rpms
(10-13-2020, 09:59 AM)feoh Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 02:05 PM)slyecho Wrote: Visual Studio Code now supports ARM 32 and 64-bit, so we don't need these custom builds any more. Well, if you care about the telemetry you would but not me personally.

The reason I switched to the official build is that the extension store has Microsoft's extensions available.

I was really surprised how well it was working, even the C/C++ extension is fully wokring in Manjaro ARM!

OK but... How do I install them on the Stock Manjaro? They seem to offer .debs and .rpms
There is a VS Code package now available through Pacman or Pamac as a standard installable.  I forget the package name though and on my ThinkPad at the moment....just search for "vs code"...it should show up.  Works great, even pylance (for those Python folks)
Hi everyone, I just got my pinebook pro and trying to install intelliJ without success. I installed snapd and tried to install the snap but intelliJ is not available for this architecture. How did you install it?
(10-21-2020, 10:33 AM)Seferi Wrote: Hi everyone, I just got my pinebook pro and trying to install intelliJ without success. I installed snapd and tried to install the snap but intelliJ is not available for this architecture. How did you install it?
Wont work via snapd. You can build it from the aur without any problems. Just make sure that you have Java 11 installed
(10-15-2020, 08:40 PM)gabeeg Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 09:59 AM)feoh Wrote:

There is a VS Code package now available through Pacman or Pamac as a standard installable.  I forget the package name though and on my ThinkPad at the moment....just search for "vs code"...it should show up.  Works great, even pylance (for those Python folks)

Yup I can confirm this - I think it's visual-studio-code-bin - works great too! WAY faster and more solid than the headmelted build. Definitely worth upgrading.

(10-21-2020, 10:33 AM)Seferi Wrote: Hi everyone, I just got my pinebook pro and trying to install intelliJ without success. I installed snapd and tried to install the snap but intelliJ is not available for this architecture. How did you install it?

I installed the latest OpenJDK and then installed the .tar.gz version.

snap is essentially useless on Pinebook Pro. You can only use a snap if it's been compiled for AARCH64, and I have yet to find any that have Smile
I'm unable to install Oracle JDK on the Pinebook Pro, I need it for a plugin that I use which doesn't work with openJDK. I tried to build it from AUR but none of the versions are building.. I tried installing manually following this : https://pavelfatin.com/install-intellij-...pberry-pi/
java --version returns nothing and intelliJ doesn't launch. I really appreciate if someone can help me install Oracle JDK. Thanks.
(10-25-2020, 02:56 PM)Seferi Wrote: I'm unable to install Oracle JDK on the Pinebook Pro, I need it for a plugin that I use which doesn't work with openJDK. I tried to build it from AUR but none of the versions are building.. I tried installing manually following this : https://pavelfatin.com/install-intellij-...pberry-pi/
java --version returns nothing and intelliJ doesn't launch. I really appreciate if someone can help me install Oracle JDK. Thanks.
I have not done this  myself,  but this should worK:

First you will need to download the tar.gz file which is, I believe, free but requires an Oracle account. 
 from downloads

Then see here for instructions.  

Installing Oracle JDK

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 454 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,137 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,922 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,981 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,696 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,000 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 4,932 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,328 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  Install deepin OS on pinebook pro wangyukunshan 4 1,426 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: myself600
  Kali Linux for Pinebook Pro - stuck on the login screen owaspfap 0 608 07-13-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: owaspfap