Pro NVMe adapter Does not fit ! ?
I have a Samsung PM961, Interface PCI Express Gen3 x4, Form Factor M.2 NVME 256Gb and although it is a 2280 card it has a very slim profile so it will be interesting to see if it fits in the Pinebook Pro.

Also, it has a max 6.1W power draw but much less than 1W in power-saving mode (when idle), so hopefully it should be okay in respect of power consumption.

As soon as I receive my Pinebook Pro and NVMe adapter , I'll install it and let everyone know if it fits the the PBP without interfering with the trackpad, and that being the case I'll also provide some performance and heat benchmarks.
(10-04-2019, 03:03 PM)bcnaz Wrote: ***********************

Hello,  Luke,  TLLIM,   or  ??

We seem to have a clearance problem with the M.2 NVMe  adapter  and card not quite fitting into the allotted space.

! !    It is hitting the underside of the touch pad.
      *         Causes the touch pad to lift out of place when the cover is closed
      *          And the touch pad to not respond properly.

>  I have replied to the persons that experienced the problem over at the first impressions thread.
      >   I made a few suggestions to them on possible fixes,

*      but   it may be better with some official intervention ?

After thinking about it,  I figured this should have its own thread  ? 
       Though if those sound like acceptable solutions, 
          maybe you (Admin) could move my previous posts those over here  ?

Is there a "Factory Approved"  solution  ?

I have already received my adapter,  waiting on my own PBP.

Still two weeks until the hopeful ship date,  I have not heard any recent mention of the NVMe and adapter fitting problems  ?

From what I read and the few pictures showed.  It looked like the threaded post that holds the module in place was sticking higher than the actual module.
I believe there was one post that said the mounting post hit the underside of the touch pad without the NVMe module even installed... ( ? )

>   I have been wondering if a clip or some kind of band could be fashioned to hold the module  ?
   It would need to be away from the touch pad area,  and not hold the module too close to the adapter board.
   As that threaded post with the groove holds the module, it leaves a little clearance between the module and the adapter board.
 Careful that the holder only touches the chips and not the circuitry on the module..  !  Perhaps using a thermal pad or thermal tape  ?
  ( May even be helpful to trim the end of the adapter 'board'  in the area near the touch pad )  ?

I May try fashioning a clip while I am waiting since I do have my NVMe module and my adapter already.
 But I will wait on trimming the adapter board until I can see for myself how it all fits together....

I am anxious to hear from any others who already have their PBP's   ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-05-2019, 01:00 AM)hdk Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 03:03 PM)bcnaz Wrote: ***********************

Hello,  Luke,  TLLIM,   or  ??

We seem to have a clearance problem with the M.2 NVMe  adapter  and card not quite fitting into the allotted space.

! !    It is hitting the underside of the touch pad.
      *         Causes the touch pad to lift out of place when the cover is closed
      *          And the touch pad to not respond properly.

>  I have replied to the persons that experienced the problem over at the first impressions thread.
      >   I made a few suggestions to them on possible fixes,

*      but   it may be better with some official intervention ?

After thinking about it,  I figured this should have its own thread  ? 
       Though if those sound like acceptable solutions, 
          maybe you (Admin) could move my previous posts those over here  ?

Is there a "Factory Approved"  solution  ?

I have already received my adapter,  waiting on my own PBP.

A small NVMe SSD, M.2 2242 (42mm) will do the trick?
>>>
IF     it is indeed a NVMe dive,  it should "work", **  BUT It would likely use 2 of the 4 available lanes...
and would still be faster than the eMMC drive...    >>>   but I was thinking most of the 2242mm drives are sata.
  Huh
  Sata would not be compatible with the PCIe
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hi all, the NVMe adapter issue has been identified and resolved. If you already have an adaptor then you'll be getting the bits and pieces necessary to make it work properly. Thanks for testing and letting us get to the bottom of this issue!

[edit] until you receive the necessary stuff for the fix, please do not use it in the Pinebook Pro chassis.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thank You very much !
Any estimates on the shipping of these extra parts ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
If i buy the NVMe adapter right now from the shop, will I get the extra parts in the same package ? Or should I wait a little more time ?
(10-27-2019, 04:44 AM)kaylios Wrote: If i buy the NVMe adapter right now from the shop, will I get the extra parts in the same package ? Or should I wait a little more time ?

I am not certain, 
.. But I would assume these new extra parts will be included with the adapter when it is shipped.
>> Simpler (and less expensive)  to just make one shipment.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-27-2019, 05:35 AM)bcnaz Wrote: >> Simpler (and less expensive)  to just make one shipment.

That's why I was asking the question.
I will wait until being sure.
I will look farther into this, but at the moment I can only suppose the adapter kits have been "updated".

The main reason I wanted this fast drive originally was because I thought I could "boot" from it.
Since it is not currently possible to boot from this drive,
it is not very important to have a super fast storage drive, when the boot drive is so slow.
Hopefully it "May" be possible someday.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-27-2019, 07:05 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I will look farther into this,  but at the moment I can only suppose the adapter kits have been "updated".

The main reason I wanted this fast drive originally was because I thought I could "boot" from it.
Since it is not currently possible to boot from this drive,
 it is not very important to have a super fast storage drive, when the boot drive is so slow.
Hopefully  it "May" be possible someday.

oh ... I didn't know that we cannot boot from it.
I suppose uboot doesnt have the required driver, and we have to write/port it.
Thank you for this info

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Working nVME gilwood 0 155 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  NVME problems 2022 / Intel 660p 1TB Starbug 1 1,418 04-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Thumbs Up NVMe adapter, Great addition dachalife 2 1,725 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  NVMe drives not detected mattpenn 12 10,037 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Last Post: mattpenn
  NVme intall usage? tkudog 2 2,794 03-04-2022, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
  Anyone selling a spare NVMe adapter in Europe? tom.tomasz 1 1,793 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tom.tomasz
  NVMe-related crashes and instability, plus a solution simonsouth 13 14,359 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: josmo
  Mini-Howto: ROCK64 USB 3.0 WIFI Adapter (Rabbit-ear) on Manjaro Dendrocalamus64 1 2,316 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  NVMe SSD testing methodology halogen 1 2,555 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: calinb
Question Battery stops charging and NVMe and other media disconnect randomly Eey0zu6O 4 4,630 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers