Pro NVMe adapter Does not fit ! ?
I'm unclear on the current state of these adapters.

I ordered one after the fix was found and kits were announced for those who had already purchased one. However, I haven't seen indications yet if new orders since the fix will include the fix. So I guess my question is if I ordered an adapter after the announced fix, should I expect my order to include the fix kit, too?
I think there is not fix yet.
I got my adapter when I got my PBP (second batch).
They are still working on it.
There first fix didn't work.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
(11-19-2019, 02:26 PM)cristobalhdez Wrote: I think there is not fix yet.
I got my adapter when I got my PBP (second batch).
They are still working on it.
There first fix didn't work.

Oh, it didn't? I've seen a lot of mentions that there is a fix and it's going out sometime, but that very important follow up must've gotten lost in the fray. Thanks for clarifying. Good thing the biggest issue seems to be the ribbon cable wrong size/shape, and it can still be used.
I think the biggest issue is the location of the adapter, that and combined with the length of the cable.
I ended removing the adapter.
I'm waiting for news about it.
I think if they provide us a very long cable we can place the adapter on the opposite side without interfere with the touchpad.

(11-19-2019, 02:33 PM)cristobalhdez Wrote: I think the biggest issue is the location of the adapter, that and combined with the length of the cable.
I ended removing the adapter.
I'm waiting for news about it.
I think if they provide us a very long cable we can place the adapter on the opposite side without interfere with the touchpad.

(In a sense) I luckily can't use mine yet to have to worry about it. I'm still deciding on a drive (will probably wait until after the holidays to buy) so the most I could feasibly do with it is mount the board inside the case. I likely will put it aside until the final fix is sent out, though.

Are there any specifics given that the ribbon cable has to adhere to? I'm curious if anyone has tried finding their own cable to try.
I have no idea even how to Google it for that kind of cable haha.
I was checking the price of the 128 gb eMMC on the pine store, it's cost $54 + shipping .
I'm seeing 250 gb nvme SSD for &36.99 on Amazon.

(11-19-2019, 02:49 PM)cristobalhdez Wrote: I have no idea even how to Google it for that kind of cable haha.
I was checking the price of the 128 gb eMMC on the pine store, it's cost $54 + shipping .
I'm seeing 250 gb nvme SSD for  &36.99 on Amazon.

I haven't seen anything on any of the Pine pages, and although I can find plenty of hits for "NVMe M.2 ribbon cable," I'm not confident I'll be able to determine if I do stumble upon a suitable option.

Yeah, the price difference and the expressed intention to add NVMe to boot priority as our booting solution evolves, have swayed me to wanting one. OS or storage, I'll find a use for it!
(11-19-2019, 02:18 PM)tophneal Wrote: I'm unclear on the current state of these adapters.

I ordered one after the fix was found and kits were announced for those who had already purchased one. However, I haven't seen indications yet if new orders since the fix will include the fix. So I guess my question is if I ordered an adapter after the announced fix, should I expect my order to include the fix kit, too?

No, you should not.

The fix was created, but didn't actually fix the problem.  Which means there are now TWO generations of cables that have an issue.  Luke is aware, and is working with engineers to figure out how to actually fix the problem.
(11-19-2019, 03:09 PM)binarian Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 02:18 PM)tophneal Wrote: I'm unclear on the current state of these adapters.

No, you should not.

The fix was created, but didn't actually fix the problem.  Which means there are now TWO generations of cables that have an issue.  Luke is aware, and is working with engineers to figure out how to actually fix the problem.

I don't want to go so far as to say that Pine should remove or disable the adapter until the fix, but I think it'd be a great idea if some of the posts about the fixes got cleaned up. (I searched around for 30m before deciding to just ask in this thread. That's too long for known information.) For example, the post that led me here to ask this question was posted and locked by Luke, and clearly states the fix was found and going out, then directs to this thread for discussion. It would be good to update it to strike out/redact the claim, and possibly even sticky it to be updated when new fixes come up or are verified.
Hi all

I've taken some photos from the NVMe adapter
The PCB itself fits, only the cable have some slighly issue

Attached Files
.jpg   pinebookpro-1.JPG (Size: 472.53 KB / Downloads: 344)
.jpg   pinebookpro-2.JPG (Size: 472.56 KB / Downloads: 361)
.jpg   pinebookpro-3.JPG (Size: 251.09 KB / Downloads: 345)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Working nVME gilwood 0 204 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  NVME problems 2022 / Intel 660p 1TB Starbug 1 1,504 04-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Thumbs Up NVMe adapter, Great addition dachalife 2 1,789 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  NVMe drives not detected mattpenn 12 10,305 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Last Post: mattpenn
  NVme intall usage? tkudog 2 2,872 03-04-2022, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
  Anyone selling a spare NVMe adapter in Europe? tom.tomasz 1 1,842 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tom.tomasz
  NVMe-related crashes and instability, plus a solution simonsouth 13 14,622 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: josmo
  Mini-Howto: ROCK64 USB 3.0 WIFI Adapter (Rabbit-ear) on Manjaro Dendrocalamus64 1 2,379 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  NVMe SSD testing methodology halogen 1 2,610 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: calinb
Question Battery stops charging and NVMe and other media disconnect randomly Eey0zu6O 4 4,746 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers