SPDIF to TOSLINK
Is there a solution available on the market which is compatible with the connector and voltage levels?

Or did anybody make a TOSLINK output using the SPDIF connector?

Also is the SPDIF connected to the ES8316, or does it require a driver? Besides HDMI I can only detect the following output using aplay -l:

card 1: ES8316 [ES8316], device 0: ff890000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

BTW kernel 4.4.154.
I don't know about a "turnkey" solutions for this board connector. Have you checked Pine64 shop for such kind accessory?
The circuit on the board is just a logic output and power supply with EMI reduction components.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1440]

And to get an optical signal you need to connect DLT1150A optical transmitter as suggested on circuit diagram. If the wiring will be very short, say, 2-3cm, then you need not additional components for DLT1150A.

Attached Files
.png   DLT1150A_connector.png (Size: 44.65 KB / Downloads: 2,597)
Did anybody try this solutions, yet and got it working with linux? I'm looking for a new board to use with Libreelec and would really much like to use the Rock64Pro, but I need toslink.
(10-16-2019, 01:18 AM)Nikolay_Po Wrote: And to get an optical signal you need to connect DLT1150A optical transmitter as suggested on circuit diagram.

I looked around where to buy the transmitter, but didn't find a vendor for Germany (I don't need a whole load of 2000 pieces ;-) ).

Any idea where to get a one or two of them?

Thanks, Chris
The "PLT133/T" could be used as an alternative.
Please consider using this.

Reference)
https://www.digikey.de/products/en?keywords=PLT133%2FT
(03-06-2020, 07:46 AM)t4_4t Wrote: The "PLT133/T" could be used as an alternative.
Please consider using this.

Reference)
https://www.digikey.de/products/en?keywords=PLT133%2FT

Thanks a lot for the information! I'd have to order from the US: 2€ for the parts, 18€ for sending Sad...

P.D. Found PLT133/T8 on ebay - seems to be the same with a little different case. I'll try.

I'm still wondering which output I'd have to select in LibreELEC.
(03-05-2020, 10:57 PM)ChriChri Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 01:18 AM)Nikolay_Po Wrote: And to get an optical signal you need to connect DLT1150A optical transmitter as suggested on circuit diagram.

I looked around where to buy the transmitter, but didn't find a vendor for Germany (I don't need a whole load of 2000 pieces ;-) ).

Any idea where to get a one or two of them?

Thanks, Chris

With some probability for success, you can use a transmitter of unused/broken set-top-box, tv-set, audio receiver, audio player etc. The difference between the transmitters is supply voltage. For elder equipment it is usually 5V (is not appropriate here). For newer equipment 3.3V TOSLINK transmitters are more common. The last may be used as shown above.
(03-09-2020, 12:59 PM)Nikolay_Po Wrote: With some probability for success, you can use a transmitter of  unused/broken set-top-box, tv-set, audio receiver, audio player etc. The difference between the transmitters is supply voltage. For elder equipment it is usually 5V (is not appropriate here). For newer equipment 3.3V TOSLINK transmitters are more common. The last may be used as shown above.

(03-07-2020, 02:40 AM)ChriChri Wrote: P.D. Found PLT133/T8 on ebay - seems to be the same with a little different case. I'll try.

I'm still wondering which output I'd have to select in LibreELEC.

Thanks again! As I mentioned I found a similiar (hope that works, too) transmitter on ebay. I already hat thought about breaking some old equipment to get one, but wasn't sure about the voltage.

I'll get back when I know whether the one I ordered works.

But still I don't know how to test it, because I didn't find information, yet, which audio output I'd have to use in Linux / LibreELEC / Android.
The characteristics of the devices on the reference page I presented above are all identical (except Obsolete) and are as follows.
The only difference is the package outline.

And all of the above devices operate with a power supply in the range of 2.7V to 5.5V.
Therefore, the "PLT133/T8" you have selected should also work with a 3.3V power supply.

--- Quoted from Data Sheet ---
Features
・ High speed signal transmission 16Mbps NRZ Signal.
・ TTL interface compatible.
・ +3V ~ +5V single power source.
---
Recommended Operating Conditions
Supply Voltage Vcc: 2.7 (MIN) 3.0 (TYP) 5.50 (MAX) (V)
(03-10-2020, 04:20 AM)t4_4t Wrote: And all of the above devices operate with a power supply in the range of 2.7V to 5.5V.
Therefore, the "PLT133/T8" you have selected should also work with a 3.3V power supply.

Just arrived. Now I'm looking for a plug that fits into the socket of the board and didn't find much information, yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  connector type SPDIF FAN RTC battery? ChriChri 4 5,543 03-21-2020, 06:47 AM
Last Post: ChriChri
  SPDIF optical cable? zener 1 2,715 12-24-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: tllim