Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions
(10-03-2019, 06:36 AM)neilman Wrote: As everyone else has mentioned - it's a beautiful machine - no question. Sleek and black, excellent screen, good feeling keyboard.
USB-C to HDMI works perfectly and didn't take too long to recharge from 23% to charging LED extinguish.
Even tried pairing a Bluetooth mouse and that worked easy peasy.

I guess I'm a trouble-magnet but I am mindful of ARM and have bunches of Raspberry Pis and a beautiful and functional Pinebook 1080 so I am not basing my problems on "worked on windows". One thing to note is I'm a "GUI" man - don't launch anything from the command line except when instructed to do so.

Being a GUI user is not bad Wink Probably you have a better overview as of how the default image can be improved for regular users than most of the tech enthusiasts waiting to get their paws on a PBP Smile

With that said, the terminal does make it a lot easier to find out problems Big Grin

For Solitaire - check what is the terminal command to start it (usually if you right click on the icon and check the details, you will find the command needed to execute it along with the directory). When you find it and do start the game from the terminal, post the output of it. It might be something easy to resolve.

You could do the same for Firefox but lets focus on one thing at a time.

Thanks for the feedback!
(10-03-2019, 06:36 AM)neilman Wrote: Probably just me - everyone else will have no problems at all with their machines Sad

Only something like 50 laptops were shipped (I suppose).... So maybe you will soon not be the only one facing such issue Big Grin
(10-03-2019, 07:30 AM)kaylios Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 06:36 AM)neilman Wrote: Probably just me - everyone else will have no problems at all with their machines Sad

Only something like 50 laptops were shipped (I suppose)....  So maybe you will soon not be the only one facing such issue  Big Grin

Yes, shared pain is much easier to bear  Heart

Looks like my Bluetooth is non memorable. When the system or the mouse is turned off they lose (auto) pairing and need to be re-paired on every switch-on.

Tried latest 64-bit ARM Arduino (1.8.10) IDE from Arduino.cc but failed to work (at all). Dumped it and used the Arduino in the package manager (like I should have done doh!) instead. It is an older version BUT it does work nicely. Remembered the 'diallout' tweak and programmed Blink into a UNO no bother.

Reloaded AisleRiot solitaire - still duff so tried 'Ace of Penguins'. Always horrible graphics with that one but it did work fine.

Been playing with the machine for over an hour no crashes (fingers crossed) so far.  Smile
Battery at 38% with estimated 2h20m remaining.

This message typed using Chromium on the PineBookPro.
@Omli hey, can you take a high res picture of the NVMe inside the case please. That shouldn't happen ... but at this early stage, I guess everything is possible. Thank you for pointing it out.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Does anyone know when they plan to ship. Future batches? I'm also one of the early adopters.
(10-01-2019, 04:24 PM)Luke Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Stickied as I am very keen to hear from more of you.

A great thread to sticky but... perhaps we have reached (or gone far past) the one-in, one-out stage for stickies. Currently there are so many stickies that normal threads no longer appear on the first page of my web browser.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
Shutdown Problem Solved!!

Pinebook Pro refused to shut down again and after 5 minutes of blank screen I wondered if it might be the USB-C connected to my external monitor.
Unplugged it and the machine completed its shutdown and turned off the lights.

My Arduino UNO was still plugged into USB2 and its power light was on until the USB-C was disconnected.

So, if you are using an external monitor with USB-C to HDMI converter then Pinebook won't shut down until its unplugged.
@danielt point taken. Let me unstick some.
[edit] better?

@neilman - hmm, could you post dmesg and other relevant logs?

(10-03-2019, 09:39 AM)Luke Wrote: @neilman - hmm, could you post dmesg and other relevant logs?

Ummm, yes, if I only knew where to find those logs for you?
(10-03-2019, 09:45 AM)neilman Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:39 AM)Luke Wrote: @neilman - hmm, could you post dmesg and other relevant logs?

Ummm, yes, if I only knew where to find those logs for you?
well, there are 3 ways. When you try to shut it down - do you still have the screen on? if yes, then open terminal (or change tty to 2) and type dmesg
otherwise, SSH into the laptop and typed dmesg OR use UART.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,884 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 165 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 608 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,216 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,997 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,116 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt